Steeeering wheel with a couple ring wheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steeeering wheel with a couple ring wheel question

I know we've talked about this before,but Im wondering if anyones found something better.

I have a nice Hawk st

heres the rest,hit the send button by mistake.
    What do you guys use for fixing the cracks and whats the best paint?
    thanks!

Comment

thanks!

Comment

PC-7 epoxy paste available from Ace hardware True Value and other stores. Just do a search on the net to find out where to buy in your area. I have used it more than once with great results. Use lacquer based primer and color coat available from AZ or other sources. Use a clear lacquer top coat. Use whole can of primer, color and clear. Spray multiple coats of each. Depending on how well you can use a rattle can will dictate your wet sanding between primer,, color ,and clear. Follow up with rubbing compound. Call me at 304-723-5253 and I will be able to tell you the exact method for great results,however this is my method only.There are more ways than mine. Paint and epoxy will be less than 25.00. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

PC-7 epoxy paste available from Ace hardware True Value and other stores. Just do a search on the net to find out where to buy in your area. I have used it more than once with great results. Use lacquer based primer and color coat available from AZ or other sources. Use a clear lacquer top coat. Use whole can of primer, color and clear. Spray multiple coats of each. Depending on how well you can use a rattle can will dictate your wet sanding between primer,, color ,and clear. Follow up with rubbing compound. Call me at 304-723-5253 and I will be able to tell you the exact method for great results,however this is my method only.There are more ways than mine. Paint and epoxy will be less than 25.00. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks Jim.
            Ill try what you said,if I run into problems Ill call.

Comment

Thanks Jim.
              Ill try what you said,if I run into problems Ill call.

Comment

Hey,that was my 1000th post!
                Do I get a free Studebaker or anything?

Comment

Hey,that was my 1000th post!
                  Do I get a free Studebaker or anything?

Comment

I think you get a box full of kudos; used to get a round tuit but they're getting scarce.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I think you get a box full of kudos; used to get a round tuit but they're getting scarce.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Eastwood makes a great steering wheel repair kit, too. There's also an excellent article in the 1993 Car Craft Musclecar Restoration Guide that walks you through steering wheel repair step by step; if you'd like a copy maybe I could scan it.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Eastwood makes a great steering wheel repair kit, too. There's also an excellent article in the 1993 Car Craft Musclecar Restoration Guide that walks you through steering wheel repair step by step; if you'd like a copy maybe I could scan it.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

ROADRACELARK, told me to use Plastic-Cote epoxy aerosol for paionting my wheel. It turned out real nice. That is the appliance paint.
                            quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

thanks!
                            John Ratliff

Comment

ROADRACELARK, told me to use Plastic-Cote epoxy aerosol for paionting my wheel. It turned out real nice. That is the appliance paint.
                              quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

thanks!
                              John Ratliff

Comment

Working...
                              X