PDA

View Full Version : Lark VI Fuel Pump

Dingleberry
07-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I went over to the local CarQuest auto parts store in Reedsburg, WI to get a starter solenoid for my 8N tractor and asked the clerk if he had a fuel pump for my '59 Lark; not thinking that he would even have it in his books. Much to my surprise, his book went back to 1959 and he was able to get it from the warehouse in about 3 days. This looks like a brand new part in a fresh box, not some musty NOS part that has been setting around for years. $46 plus tax, no shipping; SWEET! I can get the part number off the box if any of you guys need it.

-Paul

Paul Leske
'59 Lark VI

Roscomacaw
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I would caution anyone from jumping on a "rebuilt" pump that's been around for years. You see 'em on ebay all the time - you know "Still in box!" Right. That old rubber formulation that that pump was rebuilt with (or BUILT with in the case of an ancient NOS pump)would turn to mush in short order with today's gasoline formulation. However great a deal it was when you bought it, it's lost it's luster when you're on the side of the road on a hot day![xx(]
Paul, sounds like you got a fresh manufacture unit. Good deal! Sure - put that number up here for others that have 6s to refer to.[^]

My earlier caution might's well apply to NOS or rebuilt carbs too! Figure on going thru it with a kit before you bolt it on and scratch your head as to why it runs so crappy.[8]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS