PDA

View Full Version : 33 Rockne ignition

rockne10
07-04-2005, 06:18 PM
My 33 Rockne is totally original and the ignition switch has finally given up. If you're familiar with these, the keyed ignition switch is mounted directly in the top of the coil which is bolted in to the dash. Autolite coil IG-4307 is no longer available so I need to install a generic keyed switch in the dash and relocate a new coil.
I can accomplish this but,if you've already dealt with this, please let me know.

DEEPNHOCK
07-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Try contacting Bob Kapteyn at Joliet Studebaker.
Betcha he has one...
Jeff[8D]

Robert Kapteyn, Sr.
Joliet Studebaker Service
112 Bissel St.
Joliet, Illinois 60432
Phone (815)722-7262
email: studebaker@mac.com

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

My 33 Rockne is totally original and the ignition switch has finally given up. If you're familiar with these, the keyed ignition switch is mounted directly in the top of the coil which is bolted in to the dash. Autolite coil IG-4307 is no longer available so I need to install a generic keyed switch in the dash and relocate a new coil.
I can accomplish this but,if you've already dealt with this, please let me know.

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

railway
07-05-2005, 12:11 AM
This something to ponder about. Today with all the engineers out there, the best anti thief device is an electric alarm system. Back in the '30 they had a good one in this coil set up. of course if you were going to steal one you take an extra coil with you, and bypass the firewall mount one.:) Do some more checking with part vendors, ther're some out there. I have a new one in the box, but it's not for sale:( Have to many pre war cars it could be needed for.

Ebon...

52hawk
07-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Just wanted to mention,Bob Kapteyn PREFERS phone calls,during early evening or weekends..

Everybody's Uncle Used To Have One!