This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 scotsman 2 door wagon

Well i have done a lot fo soul searching and i have desided to scap the idea of pro streeting my 58 scotsman 2 door wagon i have got some good input from the forum plus others and i think my wagon is a survor so it will be left alone driven and enjoyed just as it is.now if anyone has a rear tailgate licence plate asembly and light i only need that to make my car complete,i will post some pictures so you all can see my car again ,any help and advise would be great thanks to all.http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...ue/t_=52790221

James Beamish

James, that's a pretty sharp car just as it is. It's austere trim level is right in vogue today! Looks to me like you HAVE the taglite and tag bracket in place. All you're lacking is the emblem and those are available new.
    Does you lite and tag swing out like it's supposed to as you lower the tailgate?[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

James, that's a pretty sharp car just as it is. It's austere trim level is right in vogue today! Looks to me like you HAVE the taglite and tag bracket in place. All you're lacking is the emblem and those are available new.
      Does you lite and tag swing out like it's supposed to as you lower the tailgate?[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

James,
        Your car is stunning just as it is. Very nice.

I think the reason people chop other cars is so they will look as cool as stock Studebakers did right out of the factory.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

James,
          Your car is stunning just as it is. Very nice.

I think the reason people chop other cars is so they will look as cool as stock Studebakers did right out of the factory.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

no it does not swing out it is broken and i do have the original lens it is ok but the frame around the lense is broken ,i did not know it was supose to move out of the way when you open the tailgate up,that expalins why it is broken,any help on how to fix the problem.

James Beamish

Comment

no it does not swing out it is broken and i do have the original lens it is ok but the frame around the lense is broken ,i did not know it was supose to move out of the way when you open the tailgate up,that expalins why it is broken,any help on how to fix the problem.

James Beamish

Comment

Thats a nice looking wagon James! you'll probably have just as much fun with it (maybe more) the way it is and have a lot more money left in your wallet! Love that color! hope you find the parts you need!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Thats a nice looking wagon James! you'll probably have just as much fun with it (maybe more) the way it is and have a lot more money left in your wallet! Love that color! hope you find the parts you need!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

James, there's a rod inside that tailgate (or there's supposed to be one![}]) that's attached to the tag lite body and to the rear lip of the wagon's aft floor. This serves to rotate the tag lite body as the tailgate is lowered.[:0][:I]
                    Quite possibly that rod's loose at one end or missing altogether. All that fastenes it at either end is a cotter pin and washer.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

James, there's a rod inside that tailgate (or there's supposed to be one![}]) that's attached to the tag lite body and to the rear lip of the wagon's aft floor. This serves to rotate the tag lite body as the tailgate is lowered.[:0][:I]
                      Quite possibly that rod's loose at one end or missing altogether. All that fastenes it at either end is a cotter pin and washer.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

I've seen drawings of some other rods and parts on this forum.
                        Does anyonne have a drawing of the rod and mechanism James need to work on?

I'm sure James could fix/reproduce the parts if he could see a dimensioned drawing.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                        53 Starliner Hardtop
                        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I've seen drawings of some other rods and parts on this forum.
                          Does anyonne have a drawing of the rod and mechanism James need to work on?

I'm sure James could fix/reproduce the parts if he could see a dimensioned drawing.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                          53 Starliner Hardtop
                          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

You guys and gals are tops in my books,i thank you all very much,and i would love to drive my old girl to some of the car shows and meets(stdebaker ones) and meet some of you,and if any one gets a lead on the rear gate lic and light assembly for my car thats the only piece i really need and for the swinging out of the assembly i found out it does swing out if i hold it in place ,where it mounts to the gate it is broken on the left side,

James Beamish

Comment

You guys and gals are tops in my books,i thank you all very much,and i would love to drive my old girl to some of the car shows and meets(stdebaker ones) and meet some of you,and if any one gets a lead on the rear gate lic and light assembly for my car thats the only piece i really need and for the swinging out of the assembly i found out it does swing out if i hold it in place ,where it mounts to the gate it is broken on the left side,

James Beamish

Comment

Working...
                              X