Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Studebaker Champion Hawk

The model is a 57G serial number 76541

This is a 57 Studebaker Champion 2 dr Cdn. car that Iam looking to purchase ($500.) it is supposed to have fins on it ( Only spoke to owner over phone ) 6 cyl 3 speed std with overdrive.
    Did they make a 57 champion Hawk ? They show a wiring diagram for it.Any information would be greatly appreciated
    Al

Champion and Hawk are 2 different cars.The Champion shares some mechanical parts,but the body is totally different than a hawk.As far as value,a Hawk would be much more. $500 isn't bad at all for a Champion,if it isn't totally rusted away though!Pictures can be found from links on the home page of this site.Go to 'resources'then to pictures.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Champion and Hawk are 2 different cars.The Champion shares some mechanical parts,but the body is totally different than a hawk.As far as value,a Hawk would be much more. $500 isn't bad at all for a Champion,if it isn't totally rusted away though!Pictures can be found from links on the home page of this site.Go to 'resources'then to pictures.

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

57G76541 could be either a Champion Sedan or a 1957 Silver Hawk Six; you'd have to see the build order to know which it was. Try to get the seller to look at the Body Tag on the cowl under the hood. If that tag says 57G-C or 57G-K (remember, this is a Canadian Car), it is a 1957 Silver Hawk Six. If it says anything else, it is a 1957 Champion sedan or station wagon. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

57G76541 could be either a Champion Sedan or a 1957 Silver Hawk Six; you'd have to see the build order to know which it was. Try to get the seller to look at the Body Tag on the cowl under the hood. If that tag says 57G-C or 57G-K (remember, this is a Canadian Car), it is a 1957 Silver Hawk Six. If it says anything else, it is a 1957 Champion sedan or station wagon. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Or the other guy could just look at the car and see if it says Hawk! Hmmm, wait, maybe that's too obvious...
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Or the other guy could just look at the car and see if it says Hawk! Hmmm, wait, maybe that's too obvious...
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Ask for a clear picture. The Hawks are very distinct, even I could recognize a Hawk over every '50's car available. Of course, a lot of Studebaker's cars were distinctly recognizable on their own right, but the Hawks especially so.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

Ask for a clear picture. The Hawks are very distinct, even I could recognize a Hawk over every '50's car available. Of course, a lot of Studebaker's cars were distinctly recognizable on their own right, but the Hawks especially so.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                  Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                  Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                  2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

I notice now that you are in Acton. Give me a shout in Caledon, and I can show you pictures of both. If you wish, I will even help you with typical problem areas. See phone number in e-mail sent.

Paul R

Comment

I notice now that you are in Acton. Give me a shout in Caledon, and I can show you pictures of both. If you wish, I will even help you with typical problem areas. See phone number in e-mail sent.

Paul R

Comment

Thankyou for all your response's,they were greatly appreciated.

Al Dee

PS Will call you tomorrow Paul as it is getting to late to call this evening.

Comment

Thankyou for all your response's,they were greatly appreciated.

Al Dee

PS Will call you tomorrow Paul as it is getting to late to call this evening.

Comment

Working...
                          X