Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEED: '55 auto TRANSMISSION for V8 (Pres. or Cmdr)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED: '55 auto TRANSMISSION for V8 (Pres. or Cmdr)

I am looking to buy a good, rebuildable Borg Warner, DG-250-M automatic transmission; these were originally placed into the 1955 Studebaker w/V8 (President's and early-Commander's).

These transmissions, in 1955, may have also been put into the following cars as well: Hudson, Humber, International-Divco, Jaguar Mark VII, Jaguar 3.5 Litre, Mercedes 300d, and Post Office-Pony Express.

Sometimes this automatic tranny is referred to as the "three bander", as it has three forward gears, and they start off in first gear.

If you have one for sale, please send your contact info to me via e-mail (THANKS).

jgw2@bellsouth.net[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>

DG 250s were only available in 1955, and only behind the V8s in Commanders, and Presidents.

Try:

Eddie Parmer
    Box 51
    Van Wert, Iowa

515-445-5692

If he has one, and I would wager he does, he will be as reasonable as anyone who does have one! The torque converter in my 1955 came from him.

quote:Originally posted by jgw2

I am looking to buy a good, rebuildable Borg Warner, DG-250-M automatic transmission; these were originally placed into the 1955 Studebaker President w/V8 (perhaps all President's were V8?).

These transmissions, in 1955, may have been put into the following cars as well: Hudson, Humber, International-Divco, Jaguar Mark VII, Jaguar 3.5 Litre, Mercedes 300d, and Post Office-Pony Express.

Sometimes this automatic tranny is referred to as the "three bander", as it has three forward gears.

If you have one for sale, please send your contact info to me via e-mail (THANKS).

jgw2@bellsouth.net[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>[u]</u>
    Sam Roberts

Comment

Working...
    X