This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window regulators

does anyone know if there is any other window regulators that are compatable with my 64 lark 4dr. my front drivers is shot. could i possibly pull on at a junk yard from something like a dart or falcon, and with a little drilling...bingo? or am i going to have to shell out 80 frog pelts for one online?

slow64
    bd_marks@yahoo.com

Three possiblities:
    1) start accumulating frog pelts
    2) hope someone has one they have salvaged and will part with for fewer pelts,
    3) remove the failed quadrant, braze new teeth on it, and file them to fit. Reinstall same.

Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '60 Lark VI

Comment

yeh i figured as much, but accumulating frog pelts as an enlisted marine with a wife and new born baby can get pretty tricky, especially when there is so much of my car that needs attention. but i am going to stick it out and keep the stude at all costs!!!!!! even if it means skin'n frogs!

slow64
      bd_marks@yahoo.com

Comment

It just so happens I have a 64 front door out back. Once daylight returns, I'll see what's left inside it. Don't get your hopes up, but if there's a workable regulator in it, it's yours - for however many frog pelts it takes to ship it to you.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

On the SEDAN window regulators, the sector and pinion assemblies are all the same. Right vs left, and front vs rear are both determined by the style of the arm attachments and by the orientation of the "clockspring".

What I like to do is to use a rear window regulator from the same side of a sedan. Drill out or grind out the rivets and swaging that holds the units together, and attach the arms from your old regulator to the donor sector/pinion piece. I simply press the cut-off rivets into place and MIG-weld 'em back solid again.

The hardest part of the job is doing the the re&re of the regulator into the door.

Hardtop regulators are different, though.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

mr. biggs, if that door is in good enough shape as to not need any major repairs, i'd by that off you. as long its a left front. but the regulatpr no matter what...that is if it rolls up or has a good looking gear to put on mine.

slow64
            bd_marks@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
            X