This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nice GT, If Anyone Is Interested

I'm about to purchase this car for resale. It is a nice one! The below web site describes everything I know about the car [u]right now.</u>

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

I'm about to purchase this car for resale. It is a nice one! The below web site describes everything I know about the car [u]right now.</u>

OOPS! www.davesplaceinc.com/62gt.htm

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium
    Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Dave - On more careful examination, I think that you will find the body tag to be 62V &lt;G&gt;. It looks like a good solid car for someone. It wouldn't take much to correct the underhood and exterior non-stock items, but the interior is another story. For someone that wants a '62 Hawk, I would rather put in an interior than try to fix a rusty body. It will be interesting to see what it brings on eBay.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Dave - On more careful examination, I think that you will find the body tag to be 62V &lt;G&gt;. It looks like a good solid car for someone. It wouldn't take much to correct the underhood and exterior non-stock items, but the interior is another story. For someone that wants a '62 Hawk, I would rather put in an interior than try to fix a rusty body. It will be interesting to see what it brings on eBay.
        The body tag # has been corrected on the site, thanks, Gary!

I agree on the interior, it's not, "How I would have done it." However, like you say, no big deal to change it. JP's seat covers are inexpensive enough, and the new headliner comes with the car. For a guy that just can't quite love it as it is, there is just enough to do to give them something to do. For a guy that loves it just like it is, it's ready to go.

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Dave,
          It's really nice. I'm impressed that the chrome is in great shape. That saves a huge expense. Body's nice too.
          Best of luck.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeroger

Dave,
            It's really nice. I'm impressed that the chrome is in great shape. That saves a huge expense. Body's nice too.
            Best of luck.
            Rog
            Thank you!

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Yeah - it looks to be a pretty nice ol' Hawk. I'll bet it finds a home soon.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Yeah - it looks to be a pretty nice ol' Hawk. I'll bet it finds a home soon.
                If it doesn't, I'll have to![B)] [)]

Dave's Place
                Studebaker Emporium
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

My wife looked at the pictures and said, "wow that's a cool car, how much does he want for it". So that is my question to you, how much?

Comment

By-passed the heater core, checked fluids, tire pressure, etc., and headed
                    home driving the car... decided the best way to find out what you've
                    purchased is to drive it. &lt;G&gt;

Drove the first 15 mile leg, and stopped to give everything a re-check.
                    Handed the keys to my friend John, who was driving the LHS back for me, and
                    told him to take the next leg, where we would have a steak. We ate, and I
                    was gonna bring it on home. John, the proud owner of both a '55 and '57
                    Chevy, (NICE ONES) hung his head, and said, "I really enjoyed driving that
                    car... I'm really impressed." I said, "You wanna drive my Stude some more,
                    Chevy Boy?" He took the keys. &lt;G&gt;

He drove it to the next town, and I drove it the last 20 miles to the house.

Glad to have it here, where I can rub around on it, and look a little
                    closer.

Think I'd name it Butter Cup, but I believe that name is taken, and It's not
                    a keeper, so doesn't need a name, anyway.
                    [img]www.davesplaceinc.com/home01.jpg[/img]
                    [img]www.davesplaceinc.com/home02.jpg[/img]

Can't seem to get the pictures to load, the new pics of the car at it's new home are on the bottom of www.davesplaceinc.com/62gt.htm

Dave's Place
                    Studebaker Emporium
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

It's beautiful!![] Soooo the question it HOW MUCH???? Not that I could probably afford it.

Lotsa Larks!
                      Studeclunker
                      A.K.A: out2lunch
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by studeclunker

It's beautiful!![] Soooo the question it HOW MUCH???? Not that I could probably afford it.

Price YTBD. I'm trying to really check out the car, so that I know what I am offering for sale. The last thing I want is for someone to have a bad experience, or an unpleasant surprise. The price will reflect what I think is a fair value, based on the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I will be changing and updating pictures and information regarding what I have learned about the car on the web site later tonight.

Once I am able to give folks a really accurate description of this 'n that, they can then better determine if they think my price is reasonable. Not trying to be caddy, just trying to do it right.

Dave's Place
                        Studebaker Emporium
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

I'm doing some things I didn't intend to do to the car, but it's getting hot in Oklahoma, I want to DRIVE the car, and didn't want to tear something up because of the motor mount.

Looking forward to taking it to the local cruise night tomorrow.

Here's scoop as of today:

Dave's Place
                          Studebaker Emporium
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                          X