PDA

View Full Version : sagging @$$

rusty nut garage
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
NO not me the lark!
Whats the consenus on re-arching verses new rear leaf springs. According to the part # I have Sasco doesn't have the rear leafs, so my decision may already be made for me. :(
I've heard that the re-arch is a temporary fix, and the springs will soon return to the sag. If any one has first hand knowledge I'd appreciate it thanks.
Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)
60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

jcstude
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Rusty, John Poulos has rear springs on eBay with a bid at $275:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554856885&category=34200&sspagename=WDVW. I got a set and feel it is a square deal since the bushings are included and installed. I think he only sells HD springs which should keep you from sagging for the forseeable future.

Lew in Escondido, CA

cosmo
06-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Russ i have heard the same thing about rearching. But i have als heard that if another leaf is add it does give it more support. Now yes i have not yet personally done it but i to have been up in the air of either new leaf springs or just rearching with an added leaf. so far i've been going toward the added leaf. your decision.

Sonny
06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by rusty nut garage

NO not me the lark!
Whats the consenus on re-arching verses new rear leaf springs. According to the part # I have Sasco doesn't have the rear leafs, so my decision may already be made for me. :(
I've heard that the re-arch is a temporary fix, and the springs will soon return to the sag. If any one has first hand knowledge I'd appreciate it thanks.
Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)

60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ, I've used re-arched springs on many different vehicles, mostly heavy pickups and old Ford cars. The '62 thru '64 Fords had lousy springs, front and rear. I've had them re-arched, (rears only), and never have had a single problem with sagging soon afterwards.

It's the company who does the work that will make or break the job. We have Brute Spring and Buffalo spring here, both have fair prices and as I've watched them work, (my son worked there), I know they put out the best. One note, look for a spring company that does over the road trucks and heavy equipment, I think they would do the best job.

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

TTodd
06-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Rusty I rehammered the springs on the back of my 61 Lark and added a leaf cut to size from a mid sixties Ford car and picked up about 2" of lift on the rear. This put the old lark back on the level.

61 Lark
61 Lark Cruser VIII

studeclunker
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM
for $32 you can get overloads from NAPA that will lift the rear of your Lark and not break your bank account. Something I have to be real careful of.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker
A.K.A: out2lunch