No announcement yet.

Classic "Barn Find" Car Photos Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic "Barn Find" Car Photos Wanted!

I found this announcement while surfing the internet and I thought it might be interesting to all SDC members and readers of this forum.

Magazines are getting lazy nowadays, huh?
    I'd just as soon send pic's like that to TW first, but that's just me.
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by yorgee

I found this announcement while surfing the internet and I thought it might be interesting to all SDC members and readers of this forum.

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Magazines are getting lazy nowadays, huh?
      I'd just as soon send pic's like that to TW first, but that's just me.
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by yorgee

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      Brooklet, Georgia
      '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

When I first went to look at my '54 it was in a corner of a barn where it had been sitting untouched for a full 30 years. The guy I bought it from was a Studebaker collector and right beside my '54 was a 1920s car with flower vases still attached to the sides. It would have been a great picture. Stupidly, I didn't bring my camera along, but I didn't know for sure at the time that I would eventually buy the car, and when I finally did he had already moved it outside for me.

Comment

When I first went to look at my '54 it was in a corner of a barn where it had been sitting untouched for a full 30 years. The guy I bought it from was a Studebaker collector and right beside my '54 was a 1920s car with flower vases still attached to the sides. It would have been a great picture. Stupidly, I didn't bring my camera along, but I didn't know for sure at the time that I would eventually buy the car, and when I finally did he had already moved it outside for me.

Comment

I found my 1954 Regal Coupe in a barn in SC in 2003. It had been there since 1968. It still had the tag on it. I am in the middle of a frame off restoration. I will try to attach a photo of it as I found it in 2003. Here is a link to the photos of my car.
            Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
            City of York Fire Department
            York, SC 29745
            1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

I found my 1954 Regal Coupe in a barn in SC in 2003. It had been there since 1968. It still had the tag on it. I am in the middle of a frame off restoration. I will try to attach a photo of it as I found it in 2003. Here is a link to the photos of my car.
              Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
              City of York Fire Department
              York, SC 29745
              1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Sadly, the best "Barn Find" I ever made - AND had good fotos of - I lost all of the fotos I took that day. Of course, I still have the CAR - a '53 Commander Coupe.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sadly, the best "Barn Find" I ever made - AND had good fotos of - I lost all of the fotos I took that day. Of course, I still have the CAR - a '53 Commander Coupe.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I had a message waiting on my answering, "Hey, this is Doctor xxxx. When are you coming to pick up this Studebaker?"

It seems that the good Doctor had offered a 1928 Studebaker to the museum. It had been left in his family barn by some prevous generation member.
                    He called the museum, and they gave him my number at the sound of the word Sudebaker.
                    Needless to say, I didn't get it nor have I even seen it. I hear that it is to be displayed as found - a true barn find.
                    More info as I get it. Karl

Comment

I had a message waiting on my answering, "Hey, this is Doctor xxxx. When are you coming to pick up this Studebaker?"

It seems that the good Doctor had offered a 1928 Studebaker to the museum. It had been left in his family barn by some prevous generation member.
                      He called the museum, and they gave him my number at the sound of the word Sudebaker.
                      Needless to say, I didn't get it nor have I even seen it. I hear that it is to be displayed as found - a true barn find.
                      More info as I get it. Karl

Comment

Not a "barn find" but this Rockne sat in an unheated garage for thirty-one years before I bought it fifteen years ago. Pa.inspection sticker on windshield is 1958.

Brad Johnson
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Not a "barn find" but this Rockne sat in an unheated garage for thirty-one years before I bought it fifteen years ago. Pa.inspection sticker on windshield is 1958.

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I guess Motor Trend could just read this month's Turning Wheels.
                            Joe Roberts
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I guess Motor Trend could just read this month's Turning Wheels.
                              Joe Roberts
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X