PDA

View Full Version : Kent-Moore J-4285

Speedster
06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Does anyone have access to this band adjusting tool? I'd like to rent/lease/buy/borrow it to accurately set the bands on my '55 Speedster. I know you can do this manually with a certain number of turns and back-offs, but my new reverse band is so weak, backing uphill is a real strategic challenge. Jaguar used the same tranny and tools when Stude had to give it up for high cost and low sales. Thanks before hand for your consideration - onward to the Jag web forum. Regards, Chuck

dpson
06-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Chuck,

I can lend you this tool. Email me: dpson1954@adelphia.net .

Dan

1960 Lark Convertible
1962 GT Hawk

dpson
06-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Chuck,
Tried to respond to your email but it bounced back as not a valid Yahoo account.
Dan

1960 Lark Convertible
1962 GT Hawk

Speedster
06-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Dan, Please try www.prehwk@yahoo.com or www.cyndyschwab@yahoo.com. One of these should boot up. Thanks

dpson
06-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Chuck,
Still no luck sending to either of the above yahoo addresses. They both come back as not a valid yahoo account. Are you sure that your email address starts with www? Anyway you are welcome to use the Studebaker tool so long as you promise to return it. The only cost would be shipping both ways. When you are ready to use it send me your shipping address and I'll send it to you. Just include my shipping cost when you return it.
Regards,
Dan