This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 business coupe

I'm thinking to have the back trunk & storage area sprayed with a pickup bed-liner material so it's easy to keep clean and will be more useful for hauling groceries etc. Any advice? Can I do it myself or is it something better left to the pros?

Not to sound like a smart ass,but what do you plan on hauling in that trunk?Unless your getting a load of manure for the garden I don't think you need a bed liner product.Just a good paint job with POR-15,then see if you can get the correct trunk mat from SI.If they don't make one,make one yourself out of some suitable material.
    Ive got a piece of our old hall carpet cut to serve for a trunk mat untill SI gets some more in stock.Actually,I got a call from them and they do now have C/K trunk matts in stock again.
    62 Daytona Hardtop
    60 Hamilton Hawk
    56 Transtar

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Not to sound like a smart ass,but what do you plan on hauling in that trunk?Unless your getting a load of manure for the garden I don't think you need a bed liner product.Just a good paint job with POR-15,then see if you can get the correct trunk mat from SI.If they don't make one,make one yourself out of some suitable material.
      Ive got a piece of our old hall carpet cut to serve for a trunk mat untill SI gets some more in stock.Actually,I got a call from them and they do now have C/K trunk matts in stock again.
      62 Daytona Hardtop
      60 Hamilton Hawk
      56 Transtar
      I will be hauling a lot of music equipment.....thought it might make it easy to keep clean...quiet it down....what is POR15 and can I apply that myself? Will the SI trunk mat cover all of the area of a business coupe?....it's much larger than the trunk.

Comment

POR -15 is a real proven anti rust metal protection you apply with a brush like paint,but its very nasty stuff,don't get any on you and read the directions well.
        Im not sure if SI even sells business coupe trunk mats,they have most Studebaker mats but business coupes are kinda rare,but call them.
        You can always make one yourself.
        Google POR-15 and have a read on it.

Comment

Working...
        X