This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Avanti Rims

I recently purchased my dream car, a 63 Avanti, which I plan to restore. I have a question. I've looked all over and can't find stock/oem rims for all 4 tire & the spare. Does anyone have any suggestions or web sites to find them. Thanks..

Don't bother. just get the 15X6" ford rims that bob helm is selling and drive happy; you should have full wheel covers so it will take a very particular inspector to spot the difference. I believe repro wheel covers are available if you need those. I probably wouldn't bother taking the stock avanti wheels off of a car that had them; but then again with all the stories about rotating hubcaps and fatigueing metal I wouldn't bother to search them out, either. (they are NOTICEABLY lighter than the Ford rims.) If unsprung weight is of a concern to you just get some nice mag wheels and be done with it. (I like the look of torq-thrusts or halibrands, YMMV)

good luck

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

You can buy those ford rims from Bob Helm or if your a long way from Texas look in the local phone book for a Tire and Rim service co.
      The Ford rims 15x6JJ have a National Wheel and Rim Association # of 40273. They are 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern and are OEM Base wheels for Ranger and Bronco II 4x4 trucks.

Comment

Working...
      X