This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filter

I put the oil filter on tonight. I bent the high pressure line out of brake line tubing. It does not leak on a three minute run. Thanks for the advice, I did use the restricted elbo. Next is to remove a PCV valve that has replaced the vent tube. Any advice on that project?

good stuff on the filter. glad to hear it worked out.

not to be a smartass but why do you want to remove the PCV valve? My advice is: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Seriously, we will never come to perfect agreement here on which is better; but in use where a car sees a lot of idling (like around here, where there's lots of stop and go) a PCV valve keeps working when a car is standing still whereas a road draft tube does not. Therefore at least for me, the PCV is likely to keep my oil cleaner longer.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I just want to clean it up, no way do I want a change back to the breather pipe, or go in a negative direction.

Comment

Ah, I understand then... well just remove the PCV valve and spray some carb cleaner through it, that's really all there is to it... no magic involved...

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        62 Daytona hardtop
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

My PCV valve is screwed in and tight, It will just remain where it is and in its 'natural' state.

Comment

Is there a special PCV valve for the Stude V-8?
            Im not running one right now but I need to get one.

Comment

There's actualy a couple different styles of PCV valves for the Stude V8. Finding one is the problem. Finding an original that is. There's gotta be some for Brand X engines that'll do the job.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, I have some PCVs that supposedly are correct. Never had my car judged since its a 57 Hawk with a 62 Lark 259 and Edelbrock AFB clone so can't vouch for correctness but it does appear to work OK. I will look for my stash and send you one, FREE if you give me your address. I think I have 5 or 6.

Lew in Escondido, CA

Comment

Lew in Escondido, I try to get your email address all I get is, Error you must log in. It will not let me log in to your addrerss or anyones for that matter.

Comment

Thanks Lew,I was just going to my local FLAPS and pick one that looked like it would work,Ill send you my address by E-mail

Comment

OK, for those who want it, my address is:

Lew Goen
                      PO Box 460190
                      Escondido, CA 92046

email: lmgoen@aol.com or lewis.goen@navy.mil

Comment

Working...
                      X