This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited New Member!

Just received my first issue of Turning Wheel, and I have to say it's a Great Read! Articles,Technicals,Classifieds and all written by people that Love Studebakers! Won't be making the National Meet in Spokane this year(due to work), but will try to drive there(or where ever)next year! When and how do they decide where to have National Meets?(just Curious)

P.S.-Also got a [u]FULL</u> set of manuals for a car I don't even have yet!

Dallas,Texas

Danarchy,
    I have to agree with you about "Turning Wheels". I receive a number of antique car magazines and "Turning Wheels" is by far my favorite.
    Hope you can get your hands on a Stude in the near future.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Dan, they move the nationals around each year so that folks in different parts of the country have a chance to attend easier. Not alot of folks are gonna drive across the continent to show their Studee. Last year it was in Charlotte NC. This year Spokane. Next year? I'm not sure although I wanna say Nebraska. 2007 looks like it'll be back "home", in South Bend Indiana. There's just something about going back to Studebaker's birthplace that's special. I've been to two meets there and it's great!
      Of course, the Nationals I've been to in other places were great fun too! Believe me - if you're impressed with TW, you'll love a national meet!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Omaha in 2006

South Bend in 2007 hosted by the Studebaker National Museum. The St. Joseph's county fairgrounds will be the scene of the car show, and swap meet. This is where the Michiana Chapter holds their annual May swap meet by the way.

Please allow extra gas money for 2007 unless you want to ride the shuttles.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Dan, they move the nationals around each year so that folks in different parts of the country have a chance to attend easier. Not alot of folks are gonna drive across the continent to show their Studee. Last year it was in Charlotte NC. This year Spokane. Next year? I'm not sure although I wanna say Nebraska. 2007 looks like it'll be back "home", in South Bend Indiana. There's just something about going back to Studebaker's birthplace that's special. I've been to two meets there and it's great!
        Of course, the Nationals I've been to in other places were great fun too! Believe me - if you're impressed with TW, you'll love a national meet!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        Sam Roberts

Comment

Sam, Are you saying there won't be a designated "Meet Hotel", in SB[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Holiday Inn is the meet hotel, as we ( the Michiana chapter ) were told in the long awaited meeting late last month. The venues will be spread from the new museum, a few blocks from the Holiday Inn, to the fairgrounds, and I believe the banquets will be in the Century Center. We were told that the Avanti Owmners meet hotel will be the Jamison on the east side, since the Holiday is not big enough to handle it all, at least in their expectations. So, you can see there will be " travel time " involved here.

For the record, this is the extent of the Michiana chapter's involvement in the 2007 meet so far, so don't shoot the messenger! We will have NO input into the meet, and the President of Michiana did get a letter from Phil Brown, the meet chairperson that he would be sending individual letters out to Michiana members asking for help. It seems that the back door is the chosen way of some, rather than being up front with people.

The great thing about this scenario is that it blunts the argument some have used against Michiana holding their swap meet at the fairgrounds in May. Some people think you can still have it all on Sample Street, but there is no room for that. Another good point is that a lot of Michiana members can be spectators in 2007 rather than working their fannies off!

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Sam, Are you saying there won't be a designated "Meet Hotel", in SB[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            Sam Roberts

Comment

I stayed at the downtown Holiday Inn during the last Int'l meet.
              It was a nice location, especially if you drove your Stude. This Holiday Inn had an indoor parking lot that will protect your Stude from weather, and vandals, etc. IIRC, they did charge a couple bucks for parking, but it was well worth it. And it is on the west edge of downtown and just a few blocks from Tippecanoe place and the new SNM.
              Jim Turner and I went to visit the restaraunt during the swap mewet a few weeks ago and the entire restaraunt was under renovation, so it should be all broken in by 2007.

BTW, the 2006 Int'l meet is being held in Omaha, Nebraska.
              I'm driving to that one too!
              Jeff[8D]

[quote]Originally posted by Sam Roberts

The Holiday Inn is the meet hotel, as we ( the Michiana chapter ) were told in the long awaited meeting late last month. The venues will be spread from the new museum, a few blocks from the Holiday Inn, to the fairgrounds, and I believe the banquets will be in the Century Center. We were told that the Avanti Owmners meet hotel will be the Jamison on the east side, since the Holiday is not big enough to handle it all, at least in their expectations. So, you can see there will be " travel time " involved here.

For the record, this is the extent of the Michiana chapter's involvement in the 2007 meet so far, so don't shoot the messenger! We will have NO input into the meet, and the President of Michiana did get a letter from Phil Brown, the meet chairperson that he would be sending individual letters out to Michiana members asking for help. It seems that the back door is the chosen way of some, rather than being up front with people.

The great thing about this scenario is that it blunts the argument some have used against Michiana holding their swap meet at the fairgrounds in May. Some people think you can still have it all on Sample Street, but there is no room for that. Another good point is that a lot of Michiana members can be spectators in 2007 rather than working their fannies off!

DEEPNHOCK@Cox.net
              '61 Hawk
              '37 Coupe Express
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Dan,
                Take some time to go through those manuals. I know, no need to say that. You've probably already been cover to cover.
                Believe me! The car is as simple as the books describe. That was my main reason for choosing Studes!! I'm an ignoramus as far as mechanics go.[:I] The past year with the blue witch have certainly added a lot of grey hairs on my head. At the same time I've done things that I never thought I would be able to.[:0] These cars beat the hell out of me sometimes and amaze me in the next moment. Working under the hood is getting to be a pleasure. I never thought I would ever say that... It's a pleasure because I can open the hood and see every major component. The wiring is easy to search out and trouble shoot, everything is. Well... I stil have yet to figure out the OD on the witch. I'll get it yet

Lotsa Larks!
                Studeclunker
                A.K.A: out2lunch
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                X