PDA

View Full Version : PCV valve for 170 cid Studebaker six.

edanna97
05-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Where can I purchase a new Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve for my 1963 Lark 170 cid Studebaker six? NAPA, Studebaker International, etc., don't have them or know where I can get one. Best, Ed Meyer, MO/IL Gateway Chapter of the SDC,[?] edanna97@aol.com

Roscomacaw
05-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Ed, if you already HAVE a valve, you might look at it closely. While I've never had experience with the late 6's PCV valve, some of the V8 PCV valves that Stude used could be taken apart with a pair of wrenches and cleaned out.;) Fact is, I just did that for a friend's Stude V8. BTW, the Stude part number for that 6cyl PCV valve is 1561327.
I'd wager if that old valve has hex ends on it, it'll unscrew for cleaning. If not - you might try using a late model PCV valve for a similar-sized engine of the 60s. Maybe for the little Ford 170 engine. Just make sure you get the right end of the valve towards the crankcase.:)

Miscreant at large.

dpson
05-25-2005, 05:56 PM
SASCO still lists these NOS for $17.50,
here is the web link:
http://www.parts123.com/partframe.asp?ztm=cadegeia&GHOME=www.studeparts.com&title=Studebaker_Autoparts_Sales_Corp

1960 Lark Convertible
1962 GT Hawk

Roscomacaw
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Well - there ya go then! I didn't even bother to go to the SASCO site to check the number since he SAID he'd checked with the major vendors.:D THAT SAID - I've found out the hard way that SASCO's parts inventory - that you can search online - doesn't ALWAYS tell the truth![xx(]

Miscreant at large.