This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Parts Catalog

I'm doing some major repair to my 1963 Champ Pickup. Now however I'm getting some concern as to whether the parts catalog I have is the correct one!! The Truck Parts Catalog I have, has a copyright date of December 1961. For the past 15 years I have had the truck, I always thought that maybe the parts catalog was like my Avanti catalog... you use the same parts catalog for the Stude Avanti and the Avanti II, with some obvious differences. You can see from my previous post concerning steering columns that I found that the steering box set up for 63 & 64 is different from previous years. The parts catalog I have doesn't show my steering box.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Your suspicion is well-founded. the 8E series Champs had a number of things changed from earlier models. Steering was way different, brakes were different, many lesser things too.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You know, in the 15+ years I have had this truck, I have never had to do anything major other than change oil, plugs, wires, points and what have you. At the same time I have owned Mercedes, Lexus, and Cadillacs, when they weren't running, we could always rely on "the pickup". I that's a tribute to Studebaker... and that's why it's never occurred to me that there was a difference between the two!!!

Comment

Working...
      X