This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint colors

Well on first glance my car appears to be a light bronze color, due to fading and lack of clear coat of course. Anyway now that it is finally home I've been able to get a closer look at it. It seems that it is or was rather a light rose color of sorts. Is anyone familiar with what this color was called or have a vehicle this color that I could see a picture of (LOL with good paint). It's on a 63 Lark btw. Anyway I am trying to decide if I want to keep the stock color or change it.

I believe Studebaker called that Rosemist. Here's a chart for Avanti's, but I suspect it was the same for all Studes:

Here's a 63 Rosemist ragtop:

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

Thank you so much! That sure does look to be the color. I'm thinking seriously of just going stock on the paint. I was set on black but it might be fun to keep it as much original as I can while adding a few personalizations, not to mention it will be a lot easier to match everything up. Thank you again!

Comment

I think Rosemist was one of the most attractive colors Studebaker used.

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

I painted a customers 62 GT Hawk rose mist.The color is beautiful.The owner had some doubts,before hand,but after it was done,everybody that sees it agrees that we couldn't have picked a better color!

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I haven't gotten great feedback around here when I discuss original paint but it just seems like the thing to do.

52 Hawk, So glad to hear they were happy. I've never been big on light or pastel colors so it's been a bit of a well adjustment in thinking LOL.

Comment

You can view an actual Fandeck color chart for the '63s here:

Just scroll down to the '63 section (they are in yearly order)

I have a page with modern paint-formulas. Rose Mist is there- so matching your paint will not be a problem.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
              Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
              Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Thanks Ray, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X