This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal sun visor for 51 champ

does anyone know where i can get the metal sun visor that goes on the outside of the front windshield of my 51 champ. thanks

Ebay usually has a decent selection of 'Fulton' brand sun visors out there... Just search 'Sun Visor' in Ebay motors and ignore all the interior ones. They tend to run anywhere from $150 to $300. The majority are center bar support types. Most Fultons are aluminum.
    Another good source is Big Jim's in Texas:
    http://www.bigjims.net/
    Hope the info helps.
    Jeff Rice[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rsharp68

does anyone know where i can get the metal sun visor that goes on the outside of the front windshield of my 51 champ. thanks
    DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
    '61 Hawk
    '37 Coupe Express
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

jeff,you have a big help could not find them on e-bay i did not type in sun visors .thanks

Comment

In regards to the suvisor, if you find a place to get one, I am also interested in getting one for my 1951 stude. I have a 1950 Coupe that has one, but would like another for the '51

Comment

stevenrempel@aol.com.

Comment

stevenrempel@aol.com.

Comment

Without the windshield center bar that's on the trucks and earlier cars, the visor needs a special bracket that screws to the center of the roof, and the visor should be one solid piece.

Many years ago, when I was putting my 51 coupe together,I found a NOS visor in the factory box with all the hardware. It is one piece fiberglass. If you install a two-piece visor without the center bar support be sure to adequately support and reinforce the center. It will flutter in a headwind or when passing a semi.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Not sure where you are at but in the Mid-West here, Steve Green is know as the "Visor King". He lives in Woodville, Ohio (just southeast of Toledo). His phone # is 419/849-3444. Good Luck.

StudeBakerHarv
                [8D]

StudeBakerHarv
                StudeBakerHarv
                * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
                * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
                * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

Working...
                X