PDA

View Full Version : stationwagon and Cruiser doors

studeclunker
05-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Will the back doors on a Cruiser fit a stationwagon? I noticed the xtra length on the Cruiser's front doors. It looks like they used the doors from a 2dr and the back doors of a stationwagon. I am given to understand the running gear is that of a wagon. Those wing windows in the back doors would be really nice on the back doors of my wagon...[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker
A.K.A: out2lunch

Roscomacaw
05-11-2005, 06:48 PM
63 - 4 - 5 - 6, rear doors WILL interchange. BUT (don't you hate those buts[?]:() the upper, window frame is different between 4-drs and wagons. Same with front doors too. If you make such a swap (the door part), remember that the holes for trim will be different. We had to tackle this awhile back when we fitted a 63 Cruiser rear door to a 64 Wagonaire.
Of course 61-2 Wagon doors don't fit anything else since their window frame is part of the door structure.[V]

Miscreant at large.

studegary
05-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Please be more specific as to what year Cruiser and wagon you are referring to. In any case, at least the upper part will have to be changed. Bob's general answer about '63-'66 is good, but I don't know what year(s) you are referring to. And no, the front doors on a four door wagon are not longer or two door doors, they are four door doors.

studeclunker
05-12-2005, 09:07 PM
The wagon is a 63 and the cruiser is a 64. What do you mean by trim holes? You mean like the trim outside? I could just drill new ones and fill the old, right? Door handles and etc are all in the same place, right?;)

What do you mean the upper window frame is different?[:0] Different as in things won't fit?[}:)] Different as I can't use them? That's the whole reason for the swap. I want that wing window in the back.[8D]

I guess the front doors just look larger in the beauty shots that I have.[8D] Speaking of beauties, in Minnesota...
Almost forgot, Thanks guys!!:):D

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

studegary
05-14-2005, 02:41 PM
IIRC, the '63 wagon has a higher roof than a '64 sedan. The lower part of the door is similar, but the upper sections are different heights. This is why we said that you would have to change the upper part. I think that you can forget about those wing windows in the back doors.

studeclunker
05-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Okayyy... So the '63 and'64 aren't compatible. Forgive me for beating a horse to death but....[:I] are the doors compatible between like years, ie; '63 to '63 and '64 to '64?

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

Roscomacaw
05-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Read what I said earlier. the Doors ARE compatible so long as you're willing to change the window frames.;) 63 thru 66 sedan (4-door of course) and wagon door are BASICALLY the same. There's changes in the upper frames (and consequently, the glass therein), the trim locations and the door handle (outer) locations. These differences CAN be overcome. BTDT.:D

Miscreant at large.

studeclunker
05-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Mr. Biggs, I have been paying attention. That's why the questions.[:I] Ok, so it seems the window frames won't be exchangeable.[V] Hopefully I'm not exhausting your patience with this...[:I] The hardware for the wing windows. Can it be dismounted and re-mounted (with new glass) with the current small window in the back? I realize this just might be getting a little trying. It's just... well, I like those back wing windows. Much more practical on an everyday basis than AC. [^]
My Mum and Dad had a '56 wagon with them.[8D] I remember how much we enjoyed them in the back seat. I suppose we were almost as bad as the dog.[:I] Only he was allowed to hang his head out the window.[:p] We weren't.

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker

65cruiser
05-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Studeclunker,

Cruiser doors with the opening vent windows will not work on a Wagonaire. As stated earlier, the window frames are different. I've got a 65 Cruiser with the rear opening wing windows. The window frame at the top rear is curved, where on the wagonaire it makes a sharp angle. You could remove the frame assembly from the Wagonaire door and put it on a Cruiser door and the door would with the Wagonaire, but no opening vent windows[V]

studeclunker
05-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Well... it was worth the try.[V]

Thanks anyway.:(

Lotsa Larks!
Studeclunker