This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts for my 51 champion coupe

does anyone know where the cheapest and best place to get parts for my 51 champ door gaskets,fender gaskets,exc.i also have a peice of crome missing on the lower part of the trunk on the drivers side. i see two small holes about six inches apart does any one know what might go there.

Once you've joined the Studebaker Drivers Club, you'll find the club magazine is loaded with vendors ads. I'd start with a catalog from Studebaker International, they have a web site.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    55 Speedster
    50 2R 10 truck
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Right off - I'd say that the words "cheapest" and "best" don't always work together well. Now if you want to say that you want "the best" at the "cheapest price to be found" - that's different.[}]
      There's a wealth of vendors that have these parts available. SI (Studebaker International) IS one of them - but there's lots of others too. There's SASCO, Studebakerparts.com, Stephen Allen's Studebaker, William Fennessy, etc., etc., etc..

As JDP says, the Turning Wheels magazine is a doorway to discovery about all things Studebaker. The $27.50 yearly subscription will be money saved over the frustration of finding info and parts.

As to the "ornament" on the deck lid - I know of none for your car UNLESS it's a Champ with automatic tranny. Then some had a little script that said "Automatic". Other than that, it was quite common for dealers to have chromed metal ornaments made with the dealership name and location (ie: Portland Ore. for example) that were affixed to the deck lid. THAT might be what you're missing there!

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X