This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 studebaker

i bought a 51 studebaker champion coupe,i think.can some one tell me the difference between the champion starlite coupe and the commander starlight coupe.i am new to studebakers. thanks

The main differance is the Commander has a 232 cu.in V8 engine with bigger brakes, transmission, rear end, suspension and so on. The Commander is a higher trim level too, different dash, fancier interior.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    55 Speedster
    50 2R 10 truck
    JDP Maryland

Comment

thanks for the info you have been a big help.

Comment

on my 51 champ coupe i have a peice of crome missing on the lower part of the trunk on the drivers side.there are two holes about six inches apart.does anyone know what goes there. thanks

Comment

Is your car a automatic, it may be the holes for the "Automatic Drive" nameplate.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
          55 Speedster
          50 2R 10 truck
          JDP Maryland

Comment

my champ is a standard trans so mabe it was an ornament that went there.thanks

Comment

Could be a dealer emblem was there. Pretty common for dealers to use a chrome script with pegs in those days, I've seen a number of them on various makes including studes up through the 60s at least. I know of a '63 lark parts car with one. Also common was a tin sheet with the dealer's name painted on it stuck behind the top edge of the trunk handle. Saw one on a '52 champion and my '53 had one as well.

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rsharp68

on my 51 champ coupe i have a peice of crome missing on the lower part of the trunk on the drivers side.there are two holes about six inches apart.does anyone know what goes there. thanks
                are the holes one on top of the other ? That is roughly the same location as where the backup light is mounted.

Comment

Yeah, but there'd have to be a big hole in between the other two for the light body to fit into, or at least for a wire to come through.

Miscreant at large.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

there are two three eight holes to the drivers side not stright above each other but off set.

Comment

Working...
                    X