This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Hawk Master Cylinder.

And yet another puzzlement [?]......when I got my '63 Hawk the ragged and torn carpet on the drivers side offered easy access to the master cylinder. The replacement carpet won't offer the same tattered convenience - does everyone really remove the sill plate to lift the carpet every time you want to top up the brake fluid???
    HUB
    P.S. This car is my first Stude so I'm on a learning curve and this may be one of many "dumb" questions I'll ask but I can see that SDC forum is THE place to get an education!

I don't KNOW this for a fact - but your new carpet might be made like that to accomodate when a GT was fitted with the firewall resevoir option. It's alot easier to CUT a hole than to patch one up.[}]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

yes a GT should have the rubber cover over the MC access hole, and a hole cut in the carpet.

The earlier Hawks had different sill plates and the carpet actually laid on top of the sill plates, so that may be why the carpet isn't cut out (you just peel back the carpet on those cars.)

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
      X