This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Trouble

I always wanted a classic truck even way back as a kid.One day I was asking my good buddy if he knew where I could pick up a classic truck for a good price and that I wanted something different he told me he had something I might want.Sure enough as he pulled the cover there was a 1954 1/2 ton pick up I fell for the truck and it was all there body, engine the work's.I asked how much he said $500.00 I said Ok and now I have my very 1st truck and I wouldn't want it any other way. I bought the stude back in march 02/05 did the engine work 1st now it run's strong took the old carb off and put a stromburg sound's and run's great. Did some work to the inside of the cab it really didn't need much work and now I'm doing very lil work to the body. As soon as that's done it's going for paint so can't wait to see that. Well that's it for now and hope to join the SDC and go to the event show's and all that great stuff.
    I also just picked up a 1949 1/2 Studebake pick up for my wife so now it's double trouble here in Old Town Orange cause all you see arounde here are Ford and Chevy truck's.Well now you'll see two old skool stude's creepping up your back tailgate's lol

Those Stude trucks are fun! Glad to see you have two to play with!

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Excellent !! Let's see some pictures [8D]

Comment

The '54 trucks are pretty rare! Low production numbers that year. Izzat a V8 or a 6 under the hood? '54 was the first year you could get a V8 in a truck - but only in the big trucks. That doesn't mean someone couldn't have done a retrofit along the way!

Old Town Orange. What state's that in?[?]

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Awesome OC! A two Stude truck family! Welcome home and lookin' forward to hearing about your Studebakering adventures! Don't forget pictures!

Sonny
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by OC_Thunder

I always wanted a classic truck even way back as a kid.One day I was asking my good buddy if he knew where I could pick up a classic truck for a good price and that I wanted something different he told me he had something I might want.Sure enough as he pulled the cover there was a 1954 1/2 ton pick up I fell for the truck and it was all there body, engine the work's.I asked how much he said $500.00 I said Ok and now I have my very 1st truck and I wouldn't want it any other way. I bought the stude back in march 02/05 did the engine work 1st now it run's strong took the old carb off and put a stromburg sound's and run's great. Did some work to the inside of the cab it really didn't need much work and now I'm doing very lil work to the body. As soon as that's done it's going for paint so can't wait to see that. Well that's it for now and hope to join the SDC and go to the event show's and all that great stuff.
            I also just picked up a 1949 1/2 Studebake pick up for my wife so now it's double trouble here in Old Town Orange cause all you see arounde here are Ford and Chevy truck's.Well now you'll see two old skool stude's creepping up your back tailgate's lol
            Can anyone please tell me how to add pictures on here??? Thank you...

Comment

[:I]Gosh, Thunder!! The '54 is SO CUTE!! I love 'em!! Congrats!

steve blake
              steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Hey steve Glad to see there are other's who like the 54 stude truck as much as i do.Not that many were made from what I hear but still I have big plan's for this truck and I want to do every thing just right and add the right stuff to make it look like no other [}] So when it's ready I will send you a photo of the after math.
                By the way I like that place Studebaker Heaven I would have so much fun in a place like that lol[8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

The '54 trucks are pretty rare! Low production numbers that year. Izzat a V8 or a 6 under the hood? '54 was the first year you could get a V8 in a truck - but only in the big trucks. That doesn't mean someone couldn't have done a retrofit along the way!

Miscreant at large.

Comment

Old Town Orange is located in So.California,Orange County It also has the straight 6 under the hood, I dig that little 6 shooter.
                    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant at large.

Comment

Hey Bandit as soon as I find out how how to put picture's on here I will put some up.
                      quote:Originally posted by Bandit

Excellent !! Let's see some pictures [8D]

Comment

feel free to email them to me babstude@hotmail.com and I can "host" them for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X