PDA

View Full Version : Removing front clip

imported_n/a
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I would like to remove the front clip from my lark sedan. The problem is two bolts that are above the head lamps. They are so rusted that I can't get a wrench on them.[}:)] Do I have to remove the clip in one piece? I would like to fix rust above the headlamps and wouldn't be able to do so very well in that case.[8] HELP!![:0] How do I get this @#***@#@* thing apart???

Lotsa Larks!!
Studeclunker
Ron Smith

Transtar60
04-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Sounds like your trying to remove the front panel , not the front clip.
To remove the front clip (fenders and front panel) remove the bolts inside the wheel wells to the cowl(4 ea side), unbolt the radiator saddle(one spring loaded bolt underneath in the center) and she comes off! Course this assumes you have the bumper off already!

If I missed a bolt or two somebody jump in here.

Roscomacaw
04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Charlie, he does ask if he has to remove the whole front clip[:I]

Out2, yeah, those two bolts above the headlites can be a Bi**h when they're rusted. And being as they're on a shelf that loves to catch and hold stuff flung off the wheel - they're gonna rust.[xx(] I would say, if you can't get to them - and the "brow" of the fenders is rotten anyway - why not just cut a hole above the bolts so you can maybe use a 6-point socket or drill them if need be?[:I]
What's even worse is that sometimes the spring steel, clip nuts the bolts screw into will break. This means that the lower partion of the nut can just spin even if you can turn the bolt![xx(] There is very limited access to the nuts thru the headlite hole in the front panel. Very limited tho.

Miscreant at large.

Transtar60
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Guess I should have read the whole queston, twice.

imported_n/a
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, you learn a new trick every day.[:I] I left the radiator saddle in place. That made it fun.[B)] I guess that was kind of a 'duh I did-d'nt look.'[:o)] My idea was to take the whole thing apart. This way this weak old man would be able to handle each part individually. Being that the 'brows are indeed rotted out the drilling idea is a valid one.
Well I can use these ideas when taking the Daytona apart.:)

Removing the front clip sure opens up things and makes it easier to remove the motor.:D

Thanks for the pointers again. You fellas are worth your weight in gold.:D:D:D

By the way, the fella that entered the comment in the other forum about the Cruiser?[8D] The car belonged to Lawrence Burke. If he says it has 9k miles, you can be assured it has.:D

Lotsa Larks!!
Studeclunker
Ron Smith