This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb throwout bearing question

Heres my dumb question, I have purchased a throwout bearing for my Stude. 5-speed swap. It's the standard V-8 bearing fits most Studes. I am puzzled as to how this thing attaches to the forks on the clutch linkage. The forks have two small holes that I assumed is where the spring ends clip into that retain the bearing but on the one I got is a piece of sheet metal with one large hole in the center and two smaller ones on each side clipped on the spring and it looks like this is where it is supposed to go. Is this the wear plate? and if it is shoudn;t it go on the clutch side of the bearing? Or am I looking at this thing backwards? Could anyone out there tell me how it is supposed to go? Sorry to ramble on, thanks for any help

Darryl C. Lewallen

Darryl, That's where it goes! It's as you guessed - a wear plate for the ends of the forks to work against. Those spring ends go thru the two little holes and into the holes on the ends of the fork fingers.
    BTW, we don't "Ramble" here. They do that on the AMC forum - if you can find one. [xx(]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Don't feel bad. I asked the same question a few weeks ago![:I] I got mine apart and couldn't figure which way it went back together.

Lotsa Larks!!
      Studeclunker
      Ron Smith

Comment

Might I reiterate (fancy word for "repeat"[}]) There aren't any "dumb questions" except those that don't get asked.

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks alot for the answers, dclewallen

Darryl C. Lewallen
          Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

Working...
          X