PDA

View Full Version : The elusive 185 OHV six;)

Jeff T.
04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Hello all,

Years ago I was collecting a few parts to stroke a Ohv six to 185 or better using a 55-59 Champion crank and a 1961-1964 six block and head. Well, Many years of commutting put the project on hold but now I have more free time to build things. In the mean time, has anyone tried this bit of engineering and if so, how did it work out?

Jeff

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
The Replacements.

Roscomacaw
04-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Is this Jeff Tangeman (SP?)??? Jeff, StudeBob here. Remember?:D

Miscreant at large.

Jeff T.
04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Yes, It's me and you spelled the last name right too:)

I am returning to the Studebaker fold after too many years of commuting, very little free time and lack of sleep:)

Well Bob, still on the west coast and driving that 56 truck?

Jeff T.

The Replacements.

Roscomacaw
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Yes - west coast. But the truck's always been a '57. ;) BTW, welcome back to the "fold".:D
Say, wasn't there a difference in the block height on the 185s? Can't remember the 6 stuff that well anymore![8]

Miscreant at large.

Jeff T.
04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey!

I had a thought the other day... well actually a couple but that's another story:)

Does anyone out there have some loose standard take out rods and pistons from a 1955-59 185 champion? I have my OHV block and a 55-59 champ crank, if I has the pistons and rods I could bolt the mess together to check for clearance and whether the piston exceeded the deck of the block.

Darn my parents for buying me that erector set:)

Jeff

The Replacements.