PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal travel

50starlite
04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
The clutch, on my 50 champ, catches very high in the pedal travel but it does not seem to slip. It has about one inch of free travel when depressing the pedal, which, I think, is about right. Is it normal for the clutch pedal to come up so high before engagement starts?

Thanks,
Dick

Roscomacaw
04-08-2005, 06:35 PM
It's a matter of adjustment, clutch, pressure plate and flywheel wear and personal preference. As long as it's not slipping under load, I don't see a real problem with it. You could PROBABLY adjust the linkage to make it catch earlier as the pedal comes up.:D

Miscreant at large.

50starlite
04-08-2005, 11:10 PM
It works just fine and doesn't slip under a load. Just not what i'm used to. I've tried to adjust it so it catches sooner but then the pedal doesn't rise to where it should be when released.

Thanks Mr. Biggs for the feedback.

Dick

Roscomacaw
04-08-2005, 11:58 PM
If the pedal's not coming all the way back up after engagement, quite likely, the pedal return spring's broken or missing altogether!:(

Miscreant at large.

RadioRoy
04-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Check the coupling on the clutch pedal shaft. There are two pins in it, each at right angles to the other. Usually one of these pins will break because the zerk fitting in the bellhousing never gets lubricated. radioRoy