X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year do i Have

Hi all my first post.
    A couple months ago I bought a 62 champ truck. I was at Steve Allens and he showed me a couple finshed trucks and in doing so pointed to a serial number plate on the firewall i was puzzled and when i got home I looked and the plate was gone. My question is is there another place that that they may put the number. The number on my title is e71624 [?] but can I not have a 1962 champ. Thanks for any info i can get on another number location. Thanks Jack

Your serial # plate should be on the door latch pillar about half way up. Its stainless steel.
    The plate Stephen Allen showed you was the cab # plate which has nothing to do with the serial # of the truck. The cabs were sent to assembly with out regard to the cab #.

the serial # plate should have

E7 xxxx at the top

Bunch of writing in the middle and then

if its a 1962 Champ V8 1/2 ton long wheelbase for example
    Model
    7E7-122

short wheelbase 6 cylinder
    7E5-112

A V8 1962 Champ 3/4 ton

7E12-122

A six cylinder 3/4 ton
    7E10-122

8E for 63-64
    6E for 61
    5E for 60

Ok??

Comment

Sircocky, That number from the title - you sure you didn't leave a digit out? the e7 part indicates a V8, halfton truck. Since ALL e7s, from 55 thru 64 were V8 halftons, the defining digits are the numerals AFTER e7. And for '62 there should be FIVE more digits after e7. You've given us FOUR. If I were to interpret this serial# by itself, it would tell me that your truck was a 1955 E7 truck. This, obtained by referencing the serial number run over the years. (yes, I know guys - there's the digit BEFORE E7 - but let's not confooze him too quick!)

Charlie's correct about the location. Champ trucks - the ones that used Lark sheet metal - of '60 thru '64, had their serial# plates on the driver's side door jamb - a bit above the striker. On 59 and earlier trucks, the serial# plate's located below the end of the driver's lower seat cushion, just above the step in the floor.
      There were no "secret" serial # locations on Stude trucks that I've ever heard of. Cars - yes. Trucks - no.

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Transtar60 and Mr.Biggs for your your reply. It seems like the ID plate is missing also. yep you are right the number on my title is E716424 sorry about that.thanks again. I will make the best out of it lol love my truck. Jack

Comment

That's better! That's a '62 serial number. Your truck's a 7E7

Miscreant at large.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X