PDA

View Full Version : New Guy On The Block

Studedude
04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Is there a section here for guys that like modified Studes... as well, or as much as he likes original, or "custom" Studes?

I'm not trying to cause trouble, just wondering.

Fred. <G>

Sonny
04-03-2005, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Is there a section here for guys that like modified Studes... as well, or as much as he likes original, or "custom" Studes?

I'm not trying to cause trouble, just wondering.

Fred. <G>

Not that I know about Fred! Welcome and glad we got to meet ya!! I say run what ya brung and enjoy! Do ya have a modified Stude? Got any pictures?

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Studedude
04-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Sorry, Sonny, I signed as, "Fred," with a <G>. It's Dave here. (Thought the default would overide, and say what DH it really was.)

Dave

Transtar60
04-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Everybodies welcome, this all in one Fred, The other available forums are technical and obituaries.
Lets not see ya in the last one.

Sonny
04-03-2005, 10:09 PM

Sorry, Sonny, I signed as, "Fred," with a <G>. It's Dave here. (Thought the default would overide, and say what DH it really was.)

Dave

OH! <LMAO> Ok Dave, but as I said, HELL YEAH, run what ya brung and enjoy! [^] It's dam good to see ya here, no lie. I know that you can add a LOT to this place too. I gotta go for now, gotta go eat a few words. [:I] But at any rate, Welcome home! Lookin' forward to you bein' here as much as ya can. (Oh, and I'm SURE that everybody would love to see pics of your Studes, hint, hint... :D)

Sonny

Studedude
04-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Damn, this forum moves as quickly as the other one I am used to. Don't know that I can keep up.

Obits aren't all that bad, really. If they mark the end of a life well lived.

Dave, not Fred... or, George... I forget sometimes what AKA I use.
-

Studedude
04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
>:OH! <LMAO> Ok Dave, but as I said, HELL YEAH, run what ya brung and e>njoy!

Dat's all I kin do! I've got too much invested to do otherwise! <G>

>It's dam good to see ya here, no lie. I know that you can add a LOT >to this place too.

I doubt it, but thanks for the kind words!

>I gotta go for now, gotta go eat a few words.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

>But at any rate, Welcome home! Lookin' forward to you bein' here as >much as ya can. (Oh, and I'm SURE that everybody would love to see >pics of your Studes, hint, hint...

We'll wait and see... whole new learning curve here!

www.davesplaceinc.com

Sonny
04-03-2005, 10:22 PM

>:OH! <LMAO> Ok Dave, but as I said, HELL YEAH, run what ya brung and e>njoy!

Dat's all I kin do! I've got too much invested to do otherwise! <G>

>It's dam good to see ya here, no lie. I know that you can add a LOT >to this place too.

I doubt it, but thanks for the kind words!

>I gotta go for now, gotta go eat a few words.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

>But at any rate, Welcome home! Lookin' forward to you bein' here as >much as ya can. (Oh, and I'm SURE that everybody would love to see >pics of your Studes, hint, hint...

We'll wait and see... whole new learning curve here!

www.davesplaceinc.com

Right on! Hell, you've got the hang of it already! Oh, and try out those faces, it's easier than typing in the <G>! Welcome home! [8D] (uhm, but try not to use the "cool" one too much, Jeff Rice has it almost wore out already! [:p])

Sonny

Studedude
04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
[8D]

Roscomacaw
04-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Welcome aboard Dave!:D You're a crafty one with words, eh[?] "Nothing to contribute" - uh-huh[}:)]

To those of the forum who don't know Dave, he hails from Okee-lahoma and has two gorgeous Studes in his stable. One's a calendar-girl of a '54 coupe with a zippy GM powerplant for motive force. The other is screaming RED Transtar pickup - also with GM power to give it life.

Fact is, I just E-mailed Dave privately yesterday since we have a forum member that's driving a Stude from Long Island to Dale OK. Dave can relate. He drove his 54 from OK to the national meet in SC last year. Some of you may have read his "saga" in Turning Wheels thereafter.

Dave - Welcome aboard! We'll look forward to your "non-contributory" contributions here. ;)

Miscreant at large.

Studedude
04-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Sir Robert!

I shall try not to clown around here as I do other places.[:o)]

I don't have a lot of Stude knowledge, but I'm here to help if I can.

Dave

Dave

arkiejazz
04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
[:o)]Welcome to the real forum Dave!!!

steve blake

Studedude
04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Steve!

Roscomacaw
04-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Say Dude - how's Goliath (the Transtar truck) doin'?[^]

Miscreant at large.

Studedude
04-22-2005, 07:56 PM
>Say Dude - how's Goliath (the Transtar truck) doin'?

Big G is doin' fine, thanks fer askin'! :D

Just picked him up from the transmission shop this evening. He had a "dribbling" problem, don't ya see. <G> [:I]

For the life of me, I couldn't find the leak, and just decided to let a "professional" handle it. Funny, the level of fluid on the dipstick didn't seem to vary, but I had (big)puddles everywhere I parked him. When I got home, I parked him outside, and cleaned up his mess. We shall see if he dribbles any more! [?]

I may owe the old guy an apology. As you well know, he gave me more than one headache when I first became acquainted with him, but has been most congenial of late, with exception of his messy transmission leaks. He has been fun to drive. :)

I have neglected both him and 'Sheba since going back to... w... wo... work. [xx(]

My goal is to use this week-end, and evenings next week to get both vehicles ready to go to Tulsa for the Stude meet. The plan is for Goliath to "pull" 'Sheba there! [}:)]

Big G wants so much for 'Sheba to "pull" him, he can't stand it! [:0]

Studedude
04-22-2005, 08:02 PM
>Big G wants so much for 'Sheba to "pull" him, he can't stand it! [:0]

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/davesplace/10.htm [8]

N8N
04-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Dave, you've got too much time on your hands. If I had as much time to play with my cars as you apparently have to play with your garage and web site... :)

nate

PS - total seriousness here. If you ever decide to change the wheels on Sheba, let me know... was poking around your web site and I was reminded of how awesome they look. I think they'd look even better on my car, even though my car isn't nearly as nice looking :) (I like the black centered wheels on a black car, but I have only seen one other set of those and didn't buy 'em...)

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

studegary
04-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Dave - Thanks for posting the picture of your hut/playroom. I have heard about it for years, but have never seen a picture of the interior. I could use that place. When we moved, we went from a four car to a two car garage. Have you noticed Sheba's close relative (red Starlight restorod) on eBay?

Studedude
04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Nate, most of the time spent on the web site was years ago... but it does seem to keep growing. <G>

I'll keep you in mind on the wheels!

Dave

Studedude
04-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Dave - Thanks for posting the picture of your hut/playroom.

My pleasure, Gary. :D

I have heard about it for years, but have never seen a picture of the interior. I could use that place.

Well, then, you need to tour the whole place!
www.davesplaceinc.com Turn up your volume, and hang out at Dave's Place for a while! [:o)]

Have you noticed Sheba's close relative (red Starlight restorod) on eBay?

Yeppers! Nice ride!

Dave