PDA

View Full Version : Milestone post

Mr.Biggs
04-01-2005, 07:53 PM
This post will be my 500th to this forum. I'm having fun fielding questions from others here and I'm trying to recruit others to the forum who I know are sages in the world of Studebakering.

I'm offering a free Studebaker sesquicentennial litter bag and matching document holder to the first person that responds to this post!:D I'll even pay the postage![:0] How "Bigg" of me, eh[?] [}:)]

Miscreant at large.

Transtar60
04-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Congrats! Mr Biggs!!

Roscomacaw
04-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Congrats to you, Charlie! I'll get this litterbag off to you next week! Thanx!:D

Miscreant at large.

Tbatson
04-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I know that the first 500 have helped me a lot!!! Here's to your next 500!
Thanks, Tom

Peter in London
04-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Congratulations and please keep going! But I rather miss your red stars. I thought that my computer had gone on colour strike.

Peter.

Sonny
04-03-2005, 08:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

This post will be my 500th to this forum. I'm having fun fielding questions from others here and I'm trying to recruit others to the forum who I know are sages in the world of Studebakering.

I'm offering a free Studebaker sesquicentennial litter bag and matching document holder to the first person that responds to this post!:D I'll even pay the postage![:0] How "Bigg" of me, eh[?] [}:)]

Miscreant at large.

Hey! What happened?! There I was, waaaay out ahead then WHAM! Oh well, the best man ALWAYS wins, (not that we've had a contest goin' ;))! Congrats Bob! I'm gonna work a little harder! [8]:D (I gotta stop takin' those loooong trips!)

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Commander51
04-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Mr Biggs and Sonny;

Many, Many thanks to both of you for carrying this forum along!! All us newbies (and I suspect a few more experienced Studesters) REALLY appreciate your help

Sonny
04-03-2005, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Commander51

Mr Biggs and Sonny;

Many, Many thanks to both of you for carrying this forum along!! All us newbies (and I suspect a few more experienced Studesters) REALLY appreciate your help

You sure are welcome from me Commander. I do what little I can and some day the newest fellas will be holding the fort down here like old pros, THAT is what I'm lookin' forward too! ;)

Sonny

Roscomacaw
04-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Amen to what Sonny said. If I may "Tell" on Sonny a bit - he's not the old sage one might suspect as far as Studes go. But he's a REAL quick study!;)Besides that, he WAS a motorhead before he "saw the light about Studebakers!
I've been at this Stude bizness since '73 and I've learned a few tips from Sonny in the few years I've known him. And really, that's what this forum is all about. Learning from one another thru sharing experience and observations. I learn from the newbies here too. They make me try HARDER to hone my skills of explanation and by doing so, make me think even deeper about a particular facet that I probably took for granted in the past. When I go back and rethink things that I just breezed thru in the past, I learn more about those things and we all benefit from whatever we reveal thru deeper consideration.
If I couldn't type fairly well, I'd probably not post so much or so long-windedly. But I get a boot out of fostering new blood to the marque and that's what keeps me going.:D

Miscreant at large.

Sonny
04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words Bob and amen to what you've said too. That's what it's ALL about, learning from each other. No matter how "small" a fella thinks his contribution here is, it could be a very big thing for another. ANY contribution is important. We talk about everything from driving one home to the proper deck height in a high performance engine, it don't get no better 'n that, but there's a LOT of stuff to fill in between those extremes.

I'm hoping we get some real, long time, Stude experts like Bob to frequent the place, (I'm actually getting in trouble 'cause I've been beating them up somewhere else about this place [:I]). I just run outta gas on a lot of the "git down to the nitty gritty" areas that aren't running gear oriented, and ya can't replace that long time experience. We can use the help, huh Bob?

Anyway, ANY place that's about Studebakers is a good place, this just happens to be my ONE of my favorites. ;) Hey, mebbe we can have an "experience raiser", like a fund raiser? Got any more of those bags Bob? [:p]

Sonny

studegary
04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I thank both Bob (Mr. Biggs) and Sonny for their contributions here. I have a few years on them - in both life and Studebakers - but I haven't done much mechanical or body work on them in years, so I am glad for their two cents worth. I try to contribute on other facets of Studebakers, such as history and authenticity.

gotti210
04-04-2005, 07:32 PM
hey i wanna thank the two of ya personnally cause this year long project woulda taken a lifetime with the knowledge i had on studs a year ago but hey im learning fast and theres one thing i can honestly say is EVERYTHING i ve done to my stud has been solely done by me with no one elses hands on help
and i wanna thank you guys for giving me the knowledge, courage and confidence to tackel this on my own

big thanks and congrates[8D]
[8D] <---- kinda looks a lil like gotti to wouldnt you say sonny

Roscomacaw
04-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks Gotti (and others) it's that kind of comment that keeps the likes of Sonny & me (and others here too - we're not the only veteran Stude nuts here![:o)]) inspired to take the time to help.;)

Miscreant at large.

Sonny
04-05-2005, 08:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by gotti210

hey i wanna thank the two of ya personnally cause this year long project woulda taken a lifetime with the knowledge i had on studs a year ago but hey im learning fast and theres one thing i can honestly say is EVERYTHING i ve done to my stud has been solely done by me with no one elses hands on help
and i wanna thank you guys for giving me the knowledge, courage and confidence to tackel this on my own

big thanks and congrates[8D]
[8D] <---- kinda looks a lil like gotti to wouldnt you say sonny

You're very welcome and thanks a million for the kind words. I'm just glad that you found this place, and it'll be your turn to dispense the tips pretty soon! ;) Oh, and yeah, it DOES kinda look like gotti..... :D

Sonny

rusty nut garage
04-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Congrats StudeBob, I can call you that can't I?
This here is my 1st post, and replying to it will get you a cup of Jack Squat ;). Anywho, just thought I speak up. I live southeast of Phx. Az. and have two complete studes and a few carcass's in the back. I run a part time garage that is Stude friendly.
Glad to find this forum and really enjoy the stude talk. I'm looking forward to following the two guys that are driving their recently aquired studes across the state. Shoot I remember getting excited about trailering one home. It would be an absolute blast to prepare and drive one newly acquired several states away.

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)
60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Roscomacaw
04-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah Russ, StudeBob's fine.;) Let's hear from you when you see where you can add to the goings on here. More help means more Studes on the road!;)
Oh! Welcome aboard!:D

Miscreant at large.