Upholstry materials for '56 Parkview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholstry materials for '56 Parkview

Does anyone know where I can get the black patterned vinyl upholstry material that was used in my '56 Parkview? I took the whole interior apart to do a switch (Back material to front) and decided that the back seat will stay undamaged. It's a shame to ruin a perfect fifty year old seat. So that leaves me with fixing the front seat. Any ideas?

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Have you tried Phantom Auto Works? That name crops up frequently when upholstery is mentioned. They advertise in TW.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Have you tried Phantom Auto Works? That name crops up frequently when upholstery is mentioned. They advertise in TW.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Ron; to get the right stuff, you probably need to snipe a small piece underneath the seat or get good photos of the material to send to the big classic car material warehouses. I do not know their contact info, but I've heard good things about the one in Portland,OR and another one somewhere called Stitts.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ron; to get the right stuff, you probably need to snipe a small piece underneath the seat or get good photos of the material to send to the big classic car material warehouses. I do not know their contact info, but I've heard good things about the one in Portland,OR and another one somewhere called Stitts.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

....but I've heard good things about the one in Portland,OR.....
            StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            This topic came up at one of our local chapter meetings and several members (including myself) had good things to say about SMC in Oregon.
            They run ads in Hemmings and other places.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

....but I've heard good things about the one in Portland,OR.....
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              This topic came up at one of our local chapter meetings and several members (including myself) had good things to say about SMC in Oregon.
              They run ads in Hemmings and other places.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Hey Studeclunker does your Parkview have naghahide [spelling] upholstry on the headliner. Mine does. Little holes everywhere

48-7G-Q1 49-2R12 51-10G-F5 56-56B-F2 56-56B-D4
                SAND SPRINGS, OK.

Comment

Hey Studeclunker does your Parkview have naghahide [spelling] upholstry on the headliner. Mine does. Little holes everywhere

48-7G-Q1 49-2R12 51-10G-F5 56-56B-F2 56-56B-D4
                  SAND SPRINGS, OK.

Comment

Forget Phantom unless you want to spend as much on seat covers as your wagon cost. Seriously, they have great stuff but out of the price range for a beater.

Kent

Comment

Forget Phantom unless you want to spend as much on seat covers as your wagon cost. Seriously, they have great stuff but out of the price range for a beater.

Kent

Comment

Those of you who mentioned Hemmings, could you do me the service of getting the info? It isn't available here in the village and Weaverville doesn't have a vendour that I know about. Currently, at 3.10 a gallon for gas, driving to Redding is out of the question.

All I'm looking for is yardage. Not the finished product. I can fix it, all I need is the materails.

The headliner is perforated white vinyl. It could use replacing, no money for it, so, for right now I just sewed up the holes. The job turned out pretty well. The only one that stands out is the big hole, but I expected that as it's about the size of a twenty pound note.

By the by, I left messages with both Historic, and Phantom on Thursday. They have yet to get back to me.

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

Those of you who mentioned Hemmings, could you do me the service of getting the info? It isn't available here in the village and Weaverville doesn't have a vendour that I know about. Currently, at 3.10 a gallon for gas, driving to Redding is out of the question.

All I'm looking for is yardage. Not the finished product. I can fix it, all I need is the materails.

The headliner is perforated white vinyl. It could use replacing, no money for it, so, for right now I just sewed up the holes. The job turned out pretty well. The only one that stands out is the big hole, but I expected that as it's about the size of a twenty pound note.

By the by, I left messages with both Historic, and Phantom on Thursday. They have yet to get back to me.

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Please go to the below link. They are absolutely outstanding. SMS has more selections than anyone. You can either complete their form online, call them or send in a sample of what you are looking for. I have done all three and while the last option takes an extra week or two, it is well worth it for the best match. They have tons of Studebaker/Packard fabric selector books and that works well for the fabric and pattern, but for the vinyl, I highly suggest sending in a sample. Best of luck !

Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                            58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                            58 Packard Hardtop
                            58 Packard Sedan
                            57 Packard Wagon
                            62 Daytona
                            63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

Please go to the below link. They are absolutely outstanding. SMS has more selections than anyone. You can either complete their form online, call them or send in a sample of what you are looking for. I have done all three and while the last option takes an extra week or two, it is well worth it for the best match. They have tons of Studebaker/Packard fabric selector books and that works well for the fabric and pattern, but for the vinyl, I highly suggest sending in a sample. Best of luck !

Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                              58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                              58 Packard Hardtop
                              58 Packard Sedan
                              57 Packard Wagon
                              62 Daytona
                              63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

Working...
                              X