This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '39 Commander Export

This a r/hand control vehicle, shipped to the UK new, I rebuilt it '83,took it to the 2002 S/Bend meet. thinking of moving it on as I have found another export Stude which looks very interesting.

The '39 is now at 39000 miles from new, question is what is it's value, there are two wrecks in OZ, this appears to be the only one still on the road in the UK.

MW

Mike - you meant 2002 meet, right? I think I remember that car in South Bend. Is this car back in England or is it in Oz??? Do I understande you're asking for ideas of valuation?[?]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Mike - you meant 2002 meet, right? I think I remember that car in South Bend. Is this car back in England or is it in Oz??? Do I understande you're asking for ideas of valuation?[?]

Miscreant at large.
      You are correct it was 2002 when I shipped the car over from the UK for the meet, after which I drove it back to Baltimore and shipped it back to the UK.
      That's the question, what is a reasonable sum to ask for the car, just the two owners and the mileometer is now I think 37000 or so, I would have to go into the shed and uncover it to check. Now that it's warming up in the UK the car will be out for a drive. yours MW

MW

Comment

Mike, there was another Brit who had his RHD GT Hawk shipped over, and toured the US before getting back to South Bend. He was there on Saturday helping the Michiana chapter stuff goodie bags, and was there until early in the week, then had to skedaddle for Baltimore to ship the car back to the UK. It seems his name was Peter, if my memory serves.

quote:Originally posted by mike whitby

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant at large.
        You are correct it was 2002 when I shipped the car over from the UK for the meet, after which I drove it back to Baltimore and shipped it back to the UK.
        That's the question, what is a reasonable sum to ask for the car, just the two owners and the mileometer is now I think 37000 or so, I would have to go into the shed and uncover it to check. Now that it's warming up in the UK the car will be out for a drive. yours MW

MW
        Sam Roberts

Comment

Sam, Peter is probally Peter Macey from Uk who also has a house in Fla,I recall he cam to the meet in a Hudson,just one of the cars he keeps in Fla.

The Hawk is I think owned by another UK guy who Yes he was on a long US tour and he did ship the car back here. The three of us were presented with glass beer tankards after our UK return as a reminder of our exploits, yours MW

MW

Comment

Working...
          X