This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaccum advance

so i'm trying to hunt down a new vaccum advance. i think my old one is shot and would like to buy a new one. my only problem is i can't find one at autozone or someone. i have a 63 lark,6 cilynder, 170 ohv. the distributor is a prestolite. i'd really like to know if anyone out there has a part # for napa, or just a part # at all. i would sure like to get this as quickly as possible.

I have an Echlin (NAPA) part number of VC-870 so NAPA should have it. Hopefully they can look it up in their books rather than just ordering that number, I haven't verified it yet.

good luck

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Stude part# 1553185 Available from SASCO for $14 dollars and change. 1-800-722-4295 weekdays and Satruday morning (I think)[^]

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

nate,
        I couldn't find that part with # with napa, as a napa part # or non napa part #. if you have anymore information on this it would help. i would like to try to get this from my local auto store for a few reasons, 1 i changed the carb to a 5200 webber so the vaccum connection is different and 2 is it would make things easier if i didn't have to wait for the mail.

Comment

Well cosmo - that number Nate gave you is the one that's in the old NAPA parts book. I just called my guy at NAPA and he said that that # is now obsolete. I seriously doubt any other auto parts chain is gonna have that part by any other nuber either. You may be forced to order and wait.

Miscreant at large.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

ain't it the truth!

No help to the OP, but I'm running into the same situation with my '55 coupe. Working on these cars really teaches you to plan ahead. I pulled one brake drum before leaving for York and saw a nice looking brake assembly with an obviously non-factory hose (still with shiny plating on the fittings.) The wheel cyl. was weeping a little from having sat for a couple years so I got four wheel cylinder kits. Wouldn't you know it, EVERY OTHER WHEEL had something major wrong with it, so I needed a set of shoes and two hoses. (and an axle shaft and two nuts, but that's another story...) Easy to get from vendors, hard to get from FLAPS... My goal of driving this weekend is looking darn near impossible at this point (need to get the brakes back together before I can roll the car outside to fix the freeze plugs, which I need to do before I mount the new exhaust... you get the idea. I might get it *functional* by the weekend, but it'll still have crap shoes on the front.)

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            62 Daytona hardtop
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Try "Philbin Group", they are out of Portland Or. They completely rebuilt my Prestolite from a '64. It cost $110; spendy? Maybe, but I got I brand new distributor, all set up too. Not sure about parts, but sell Pertronix for about everything.
              The Philbin Group supplies and rebuilds a wide variety of industrial, automotive, marine and agricultural electrical products for both professional and home use. If you need a battery for your car or boat, check us out.

Comment

Working...
              X