X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCFB manifold question and TBI

Hello!

I am new to this forum and I hope it keeps on growing. I have owned Studebakers for a few years now and love them!!!

I was looking my WCFB intake and an AFB will fit right on the flange, other than the bores are smaller. I bought a small V4 to large V4 spacer and I'm almost 100% I could mount an new style 500 CFM carb without any problems, is this true??? I was thinking of machincing a later intake a have for an AFB, but what I heard the earlier intakes are better to flow and what not.

Also, I was thinking of getting the Pro-Jection TBI kit from holley and trying my luck with that, they make a 400CFM type and I think that would work great with my 259.
    Let me know what you guys think.

(2) 1955 Presidents

I think you need to look at the manifolds that Jeff Rice and Malcom Berry are turning out of late. They're taking late 2bbl manifolds and opening them up to breathe better than the late, stock AFB manifolds that Stude used. $100 bucks exchange. No sense buying an adaptor for a manifold that's going to effectively "choke down" the potential of an AFB clone![V] BTW, we recently put the smallest Edelbrock carb on a friends 259 and it was too much carb for the engine. We ended up going with an rebuilt WCFB.
    Have not heard of any stunning successes with TBI of any sort. Lots of talk about such but no resounding victories of note. It's still being talked about tho - may lead to something eventually. I'd like to see it happen.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would steer clear of the Holley Projection. I had one that I thought about putting on my Hawk and after talking to a number of former owners (former owners of Projections) I decided against it. However, I am getting a TBI for my Jeep J20 pickup and I would recommend you contact: http://www.customefis.com/index.html (John is the guy that owns and makes all of the setups, and his website has some great info). He has done a lot of work on adapting TBI and MPFI to older engines, and all of the guys I have communicated with love his setup and the quality of the kit. The only problem is that he is slow due to the demand he has for his stuff. He provides the PC hookups and software so you can modify the setup on your own. I know he does a kit for the big Jeep 6 so I would assume he could help you with a small Stude V8.

Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      58 C Cab
      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Alright, thanks for your help. I guess I'll trash the idea of TBI for now. How can I get in contract with those guys about the manifolds? I have two of the late style on hand and I would like for them to fix them up for me.

(2) 1955 Presidents

Comment

For converted manifolds:
          Jeff Rice deepnhock@att.net

or
          Malcom Berry
          @
          FAIRBORN STUDEBAKER OFFERS ENGINE, PERFORMANCE, and SPECIALITY PARTS

Theres another guy in Arizona who advertises in Turning Wheels.
          Cant remember his name right now.

Comment

Working...
          X