This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

so i just finish putting in all new derlin bushing in my car. i bought a spreader tool to do the trunnion bushings, bought new shocks ( just the regular stock one's nothing special. ) this morning i took the car in for an allinmet and the guy said the car semmed really stiff to him. all he did was push up and down on the car. he said that usually these old cars are real sponge. and that if the trunnion busing where not put on right it would make the suspension tight. now all i can think it is, is that i have new stronger bushings and new shocks. i mean i greased everything, every bushing has grease in it, and i made sure to spread the outer controll arm enough to set the bushing right. so i'm guessing that basically i have a brand new suspension and thats why it's so strong right now. does that seem right to anyone else?

It sounds to me like it's nothing more than the much stiffer type bushings you put in and a hell of a good job cosmo. I wouldn't worry about it too much, there's not too much you could do about it now anyway, just drive, enjoy and take a look at them every once in a while. They'll usually "groan" if they're in wrong or real worn.

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

just got off the phone with the mechanic and says that everything is good and was suprised.

Comment

Working...
      X