This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb

[xx(] OK, I give up. The old AFB on my '64 just isn't working out. Can anyone suggest an easily attainable, modern 4 bbl carb that will fit the AFB manifold on my 289? One that has the right CFM rating...

Edelbrock 500CFM "performer" (AFB clone) you'll need a spacer and a new air cleaner though.

I'd like to try one of the "thunder series" carbs (AVS clone) but haven't had the opportunity yet.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Would like to find one that fits the manifold without an adapter plate.

Comment

Leon,
        I don't think it's an "adaptor" as such - just a spacer to set the new carb up a bit. OR - it's my understanding that you can lop off a bit of the throttle lever that interferes with the manifold and need no more than a gasket to mount that carb that Nate talks about.
        You DO need a new air cleaner OR an adaptor as the top of the new carb is a different diameter. Get the electric choke option too. Pretty slick! I've got one here that we put on a 289 and it ran right out of the box!

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X