PDA

View Full Version : Yet another intro...

imported_n/a
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, I guess now I have run my mouth (or fingers) an intro is appropriate. If a bit late.[:I]
My name is Ron.
I have a number of Larks. Station wagons, Pickups, and now a sedan. Oh yeah, and a 52 Commander which I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up with. I use the net name of out2lunch because it fits. Anyone who would move to the middle of nowhere and drive this old of cars must be. nevertheless I love the pre 64 larks the most, and my Champs.:D It's such a shame the company couldn't have held out just a few more years.[V]

Ronald K. Smith

Sonny
03-09-2005, 12:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by out2lunch

Well, I guess now I have run my mouth (or fingers) an intro is appropriate. If a bit late.[:I]
My name is Ron.
I have a number of Larks. Station wagons, Pickups, and now a sedan. Oh yeah, and a 52 Commander which I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up with. I use the net name of out2lunch because it fits. Anyone who would move to the middle of nowhere and drive this old of cars must be. nevertheless I love the pre 64 larks the most, and my Champs.:D It's such a shame the company couldn't have held out just a few more years.[V]

Ronald K. Smith

WELCOME Ron! Hell, then I need to change my name to "out2lunch II"! I think movin' to the middle of nowhere and drivin' old cars is the BEST way to do it! ;) Sounds like you're supporting a pretty nice harem, never hurts to have a few extras around, makes parts chasin' a lot easier. [:p]

Anyway, glad we got to meet ya Ron, hope we get to hear a lot more about your Studebakering experiences! Pictures are a good thing if ya got 'em too. [^]

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

Roscomacaw
03-09-2005, 05:28 AM
Ron - Welcome to our corner of Studebakering. Misery loves company, so Sonny and I and others are glad you're here!;)
I've been Stude'n since 1973 and the only regrets I have is that I've not been able to do more of it. Studebakering is a disease. Sonny can tell you that as easily as I can. Like Lays potato chips - you can't have just one!
When I moved to the central valley of California in 1989, we bought a couple of acres just out of a small valley town. I've had trouble with neighbors and the county zoning boys ever since! I'd dearly LOVE to be WAY out in the boonies, where I could mind myh own damned business![}:)]
Anyway, I'm with you in that I love Stude trucks and sedans. I recently acquired a 53 coupe that I'm working on and whether I keep it or not remains to be seen. I've owned coupes and Hawks before and ended up trading them for trucks or sedans (that includes Larks too).
I love the looks of the C-K cars but I also love the utility aspects of trucks and sedans as well - more, I guess! Hell, I've pressed our 60 Lark ragtop into service as a pickup truck when the need arose!:D
Stick with us, Ron! What part of the country do you live in? With the internet, the Stude community is far-flung and well connected. It seems only fitting that a marque known for innovation would take to the technology of the day, like a duck takes to water![:p]
Hey - what sort of "sedan" were you referring to?[?]

Miscreant at large.

imported_n/a
03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
You know, I bought the thing and I don't know. Now does that fit the marque 'out2lunch' or what.[:o)]
It's a 62 4-door. The car currently has a six in it and I plan to pull the motor (v-8) and transmission out of one of my stationwagons. This should give it a bit more power. It's in great shape... See what I mean about running at the mouth?;)
I just wish I could find my grandmother's 62 wagon.:( I really loved that car.[:X] Even if mom hated it.[}:)]

Ronald K. Smith

imported_n/a
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I forgot! I live in Lewiston, about thirty miles west of Redding. That's Northern California. I ended up having to take a house outside of the town way up the hill. The view is great.:D The driveway is a killer! My poor cars.:(
The neighbors didn't like my 'studeclunkers' (or the chickens, pidgeons, the koi...).[:I] I just wish I owned the place.[V]

Ronald K. Smith