This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock hook-up info needed

Well, last Friday I received my JRS (Jeff Rice Special) 4 bbl intake manifold. Thanks, Jeff! I'm also ordering a spankin' new Edelbrock 1403 500 cfm electric choke carb (Summit Racing via their Ebay Store for $288 delivered).

It'll be installed on my 60 Hawk's bone stock 289. If any of you have done this swap, what will I need to hook it up to my stock accelerator assembly for smooth, worry-free driving? Any issues at all to deal with? Better to ask now than after 6 hours of aimless tinkering.[]

Also, d'ya think I'll need to order different metering rods?

-Webmaster

I used an Edelbrock 600 cfm on my 64 Hawk and the only extra was an insulation spacer between the carb and manifold. You will need to run a line to the electric choke since the Stude used a hot air tube. I was able to use the Stude trottle linkage rod as-is, one of the holes in the carb matched right up.

Dan White

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Thanks for your business Bob. I do appreciate it.
      A Mr. Gasket stud kit for $5 from your flaps, and a heat insulator gasket and you should be all set. Run a switched hot wire to your electric choke and have fun!
      Jeff

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Well, last Friday I received my JRS (Jeff Rice Special) 4 bbl intake manifold. Thanks, Jeff! I'm also ordering a spankin' new Edelbrock 1403 500 cfm electric choke carb (Summit Racing via their Ebay Store for $288 delivered).

It'll be installed on my 60 Hawk's bone stock 289. If any of you have done this swap, what will I need to hook it up to my stock accelerator assembly for smooth, worry-free driving? Any issues at all to deal with? Better to ask now than after 6 hours of aimless tinkering.[]

-Webmaster
      DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
      '61 Hawk
      '37 Coupe Express
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The only thing (besides what was mentioned here) that you might take care about is the setting of the throttle rod. There are adjustments that can be made in several areas. Make sure that when the throttle connector shaft to the carb is installed, that the carb butterflies are fully closed. There is an adjustment screw on the carb, and another on the bellcrank, and threads on the rod itself.
        You should be able to adjust the rod so it just slips into one of the AFB holes. Just make sure that the choke arm is not holding the carb butterflies partway open. You'd have a high idle situation then.
        I don't think you'll need to re-jet it...at least right away. I would drive it a while and read the tailpipe(s) and the spark plugs...looking for an overly rich situation. If you have a sooty tailpipe after a week or so of steady driving...then I would check out re-jetting it.
        Good luck!
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

-Webmaster
        DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
        '61 Hawk
        '37 Coupe Express
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X