PDA

View Full Version : York Swap Meet (Shameless Vendor Plug)

DEEPNHOCK
03-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Am on the road this week with a stopover at York for a little Stude swap meet:)
Am bringing about 25 assorted intake manifolds to show off a/o sell to prospective Stude buyers...
Have about 16 4bbl AFB ready machined Stude manifolds for sale.
$99.95 exchange, or $125.00 outright.
If you are interested, bring a core and save freight in and out.

If you are not going, and are interested, just reply here, or send me an e-mail at DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net.

Ship UPS to the lower 48, and USPS to Canada (contact me first).
Thanks ahead of time....
Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
'61 Hawk
'37 Coupe Express
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

imported_n/a
03-04-2005, 02:03 AM
please forgive my ignorance, what is "AFB ready"?[:I]

Ronald K. Smith

BShaw
03-04-2005, 10:21 AM
The manifold is drilled/threaded to accept the AFB size carb base (i.e., AFB, Edelbrock 1402, 1406, etc.). It's especially sweet for folks like me who have the smaller base WCFB carb and 4 bbl manifold, which, before Jeff, prohibited me from using a "modern" carb on my "standard" manifold.

-Webmaster

DEEPNHOCK
03-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Good question actually...

"WCFB" is an acronym for 'white cast four barrel', and "AFB' is the acronym for 'aluminum four barrel'..
Way back when that was all that was available from that manufacturer, and the nickname stuck.
Nowadays the 'AFB' has become the generic term for the spreadbore four barrel carb that has been manufactured by several companies, including Edelbrock, Weber, Carter, Federal-Mogul (who bought Carter who had bought Weber IIRC)....
I think the Stude world has embraced the 'AFB' because it is very, very adjustable...but runs great out of the box. And it is designed as a sort of bathtup design with the fuel bowls. No massive gas leaks if a gasket or o-ring fails (ala: Holley)... The carb fit's on a Stude with minimal modifications, and it really perks up a Stude without spending major bucks.
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by out2lunch

please forgive my ignorance, what is "AFB ready"?[:I]
Ronald K. Smith

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
'61 Hawk
'37 Coupe Express
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock