This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying TT Trans

Pulled the plug on the 'punkin'('62 Hawk) to look inside and determine if it was a TT transmission or not. I'm not sure what I should be seeing.What would I see if it was a TT and what if it wasn't? The rest of the disc conversion is going well. Turner Brake kit sure is slick!
    John

'62 Hawk
    '30 Chev Coach

Mine had a tag on the side stating which oil to use for the TT, also a ratio tag w/TT on it. Also if you jack up the rear end and spin one wheel, it will spin in the opposite direction if it's not a TT.

Comment

Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Sonny nailed it. When you take out that filler plug, the TT clutch pack is RIGHT THERE. [:0] If it's not a TT, you can easily stick your whole finger inside.

BTW - you said "Transmission" - I hope you meant REAR AXLE, cause you're not gonna find any TT pieces in the Transmission![xx(]

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I overheard a savvy old mechanic tell someone, "If you can only get your finger in to the first knuckle, it's a TT. If your finger goes in further, it's a 'one legger'.
          Tim K.
          Tim K.
          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

StudeBob you are right I did say transmission but meant rear end. Thanks to all for the replies, I'll pull the plug on the 'rear end' again and have another look.
            John

'62 Hawk
            '30 Chev Coach
            sigpicJohn Esmonde
            Holland Landing, Ontario
            Canada
            \'62 Hawk
            \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
            \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

Working...
            X