X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper

Hello everyone,
    I am sure this question has been asked but I can't seem to find it. I am in the process of restoring my 1952 2R5 Studebaker Truck which is missing the rear bumper. The front bumper is painted and I am hoping to keep them matched versus using a chromed rear bumper from another make / model truck. My other question would be what type of bumper would work if I should have to replace the bumper with another make / model truck or car? (Reproduction would be fine with me also.) Thanks for the help. -Todd

Theres one on ebay right now.

Dont know the seller, just saw it this evening.

Comment

Thanks Transtar60, I am looking into it.

Comment

I bought a painted Chevy S10 step bumper for my '53 2r5, and it fit perfectly with only a little trimming of the diamond plate. It looked great, and also included a place for the license plate.

Comment

Thanks Brucestude,
          I think this is a great idea. I will take a look at them.

Comment

An afterthought; I bought that bumper at a Schuck's auto parts store, so it may have been different looking than others, though it was your basic step bumper.
            I also got rid of the stock taillights They kinda stuck out too far) and found some nice looking post type round ones. If you didn't know better you'd swear they were stock.

Comment

Brucestude and Transtar60,
              Thanks for your help and advice. I ended up purchasing the bumper on e-bay that Transtar60 directed me to. Thanks a million.

Comment

Just here to help. (and to get help sometimes!)

Comment

Working...
                X