This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tag on fire wall

There is a tag on the fire wall of my 1951 Champ that I would like to know what it means.
    10G-F5
    Anybody know?

Aaron

I am not a expert on '51's by any means, and I am sure others will point out errors...

10G means its a '51 champion. 10 for 1951 and G for champion
    F5 is model and trim level. F is for 2 door sedan I believe and 5 is the fanciest. F1 and F3 would be the 2 lower level 2 dr sedans. A W would be a 4dr sedan. I think Q is for starlight coupe and S for convertible but maybe I got them mixed up.
    The 5862 is the body number. Its the 5862nd body that was made. Its not to be confused with the serial number on your driver's side door post.

Hope this helps.
    JH

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Ya did pretty good Jeff. The only clarification I might add was that that # (5862) means it was the 5,862nd 10G-F5 body tub that was welded together. Not just the 5,862nd bady made.

Also, "C" would be a starlight Coupe. "Q" would be the 3-passenger (or "Buisness") coupe. This is the car with a short roof and only a bench seat for 3 passengers. There's no back seat in it!
      "Y" would be a Land Cruiser but they were only made in the Commander line. And instead of 10G, A Commander in '51 would have a simple "H" as a designator.[^]

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you all for your help on this.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Ya did pretty good Jeff. The only clarification I might add was that that # (5862) means it was the 5,862nd 10G-F5 body tub that was welded together. Not just the 5,862nd bady made.

Also, "C" would be a starlight Coupe. "Q" would be the 3-passenger (or "Buisness") coupe. This is the car with a short roof and only a bench seat for 3 passengers. There's no back seat in it!
        "Y" would be a Land Cruiser but they were only made in the Commander line. And instead of 10G, A Commander in '51 would have a simple "H" as a designator.[^]

Miscreant at large.
        Aaron http://www.aaroneckhoff.com

Comment

Working...
        X