X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks to sonny

hey sonny do you remember me

if not let me refresh your mem

i had asked you several questions about converting my 50 champ from 4-lug to 5-lug

u told me that 51 or newer brakes , backing plates and spindles would solve my problems

u were partly correct except that the spindles and kingpins id were a couple thousands bigger on the 53 also the kings had a slightly different top mount into the control arm but

no big deal i work in a machine shop and was able to devise a shim to use my kings and 53 spindles everything else worked like a champ on my champ (ha-ha- thats funny huh )

well i really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction

thanks gotti

quote:Originally posted by gotti210

hey sonny do you remember me

if not let me refresh your mem

i had asked you several questions about converting my 50 champ from 4-lug to 5-lug

u told me that 51 or newer brakes , backing plates and spindles would solve my problems

u were partly correct except that the spindles and kingpins id were a couple thousands bigger on the 53 also the kings had a slightly different top mount into the control arm but

no big deal i work in a machine shop and was able to devise a shim to use my kings and 53 spindles everything else worked like a champ on my champ (ha-ha- thats funny huh )

well i really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction

thanks gotti
    You are very welcome gotti! Hell, that's why we're here. I'm glad as hell that I can help and made it a bit easier for ya.

On the king bolts, I used my '50 king bolts with the late model spindles, ('63 Lark) and everything slapped right together, (or it seemed like they fit ok! <LOL&gt. I never measured my king bolts, (uh-oh!), mebbe I better get my butt out to the garage and recheck my work! [:I]

Hey! Don't forget us ol' fellas here when you finish your car. I'm dyin' to see pictures!

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Working...
    X