X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgic Studebaker Turntable AM/FM Stereo

Hello Studebaker Drivers,

I am selling very nice nostalgic Studebaker Stereo's with a built in Turntable and AM/FM, Brand New in the box on ebay, see the link below or search for "Studebaker Stereo", I have already sold them to other Studebaker owners and I am willing to discount them to the people on this board. I have them listed for $39.50 and are the least expensive of all the other sellers. My ebay user is "warehousewholesaler".
    I will knock off $5, but only if you contact me through ebay that you heard about the deal through this board before you buy, good until February 15 or until I run out, limited supplies!

Check it out and some of you may think this is pretty cool!

Regards,

Ken

Current bid = $20.36
    Buy it now = $39.50
    Shipping in USA = $18.00

I don't think so! Wally world has got to be better than that!

quote:Originally posted by StudebakerStereo

Hello Studebaker Drivers,

I am selling very nice nostalgic Studebaker Stereo's with a built in Turntable and AM/FM, Brand New in the box on ebay, see the link below or search for "Studebaker Stereo", I have already sold them to other Studebaker owners and I am willing to discount them to the people on this board. I have them listed for $39.50 and are the least expensive of all the other sellers. My ebay user is "warehousewholesaler".
    I will knock off $5, but only if you contact me through ebay that you heard about the deal through this board before you buy, good until February 15 or until I run out, limited supplies!

Check it out and some of you may think this is pretty cool!

Regards,

Ken

Sam Roberts

Comment

Just thought I would give a heads up for anyone who may want one, you won't find it cheaper anywhere. FYI: They don't make them anymore, so when they are gone..it's gone!

Sam says, "I don't think so! Wally world has got to be better than that!"

Well Sam, that's the best I can do, otherwise it's not even worth my time to ship them. After February 15, the $5 off will expire. Check the web and see what you find, let me know if you locate one cheaper.

Comment

This line of radio stuff has flooded the market in recent days.
        Kind of sad that the Studebaker name is the only good thing on them.
        Cute shelf items, at best.

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
        '61 Hawk
        '37 Coupe Express
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff, it is not only electronix, it is everything it seems. Ford don't call the new Mustang a Studebaker, and they did a good job of remaking the image, but it still is not a Mustang as we knew them.

Someone gets opportunistic about playing ( preying ) on a car marque 39 years gone arouses my suspicions right away!

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

This line of radio stuff has flooded the market in recent days.
          Kind of sad that the Studebaker name is the only good thing on them.
          Cute shelf items, at best.

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
          '61 Hawk
          '37 Coupe Express
          Sam Roberts

Comment

Whats the big beef here...I got one of these for Christmas from my wife....I think it is a cool item ....no its not a Studebaker but it sure looks good out in my garage and it plays some of my old Studebaker records that I have collected ( and they are real Studebaker items ) This guys price is a very good offer , these make a neat conversation piece and I don't think anyone is selling them telling people that they are the tops in electronics...they are just a neat item to display with all your other "junk" , no worse then all these Studebaker toys that are flooding the market . now there's junk !.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I've got one the wife picked up at Target awhile back. It's no great shakes in performance, but as Jeff said, it's cute to look at. I've also got one of the little AM-FM Weather radios they've made. Crappy reception but at least it picks up the local oldies station well enough that I can make use of it while sorting nuts and bolts in the garage. [:I]
              You want a new, quality item to promote our favorite marque? Buy a new Camry and affix some Studebaker chrome scripts to it! Anybody gafs at your creation, tell them you got carried away with an engine swap and only ended up with the badges! [}]

Miscreant at large.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

One other thing that puzzles me about these Chinese Studebaker radios is - how hard would it have been for the designers to secure at least an image of a genuine Studebaker script to copy for their creation[?] I think that would add an extra zing of appeal to anyone that was interested. And while I see the suggesstiveness of the two-tone colors and chrome, it would have been REAL easy to tie in the bullet-nosed theme or Hawk theme into the overall styling. With itty-bitty flashing lites even in CANDY nowdays - how hard could it be to add some flashing parking lites and taillights[?] I think the Chinese need to hire some designers from the US. When you look at the new cars of today, you gotta surmize there's a bunch of designers outta work! [xx(]

Miscreant at large.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm even more curious as to how they made something with such a bad clock in the 21st century.

I've actually got 4 different Studebaker radios, the one with the turnable, the CD/Clock radio, and two of the portable AM/FM/Weather radios(got one for Christmas). The clock radio is just weird, it will go weeks and be just fine, then the clock gets off and I can't reset it OR turn the radio unless I unplug it for a couple of minuites, and this is with a backup battery.

Cool radio, and the sound is better than my old clock radio, but the electronics are real Red Chineese junk.

Oh and the price the orginal poster gave was excellent. I think I paid about $65 for mine when Target was selling them off.

Jeff DeWitt
                  Jeff DeWitt
                  http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

FYI:

I have just lowered the price of the Studebaker Stereo to $32 + shipping to blow them out! They no longer make these units, when they disappear off of ebay, it won't be long when they will forever disappear.
                    I don't have many left! If you want one, they will be on ebay until their gone. These are first quality, brand new in the box units!

Regards,

Ken

Comment

Quote:
                      "FYI:
                      I have just lowered the price of the Studebaker Stereo to $32 + shipping to blow them out! They no longer make these units, when they disappear off of ebay, it won't be long when they will forever disappear.
                      I don't have many left! If you want one, they will be on ebay until their gone. These are first quality, brand new in the box units!
                      Regards,
                      Ken"

Problem is, buddy, you're trying to peddle Gainesburgers to folks that're used to steaks. I don't know what "first quality" means, but "top quality" that, they ain't. I bought two of these (the AM-FM-CD clock radios); donated one to my local SDC chapter for a door prize, and kept the other. best I can say about them is they are cute novelties, and look good on the shelf. Mine has displayed the same clock weirdness that Jeff mentioned, plus the tuning dial is really tough to operate (sloppy, with backlash) and the band-change switch feels about as sturdy as a kernel of popcorn.

At best, these things are worth your discounted price, and no more. The quality is just so darn poor. It's a shame, really. If they had made them 3 times better, they could have sold 'em for 4 times as much. Good luck in selling your remainders, but I, for one, would be happier if you told it like it is, and simply offered them as eye candy for the garage shelf.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Gord, you sure have a way with words! [^]

Problem is, buddy, you're trying to peddle Gainesburgers to folks that're used to steaks. I don't know what "first quality" means, but "top quality" that, they ain't. I bought two of these (the AM-FM-CD clock radios); donated one to my local SDC chapter for a door prize, and kept the other. best I can say about them is they are cute novelties, and look good on the shelf. Mine has displayed the same clock weirdness that Jeff mentioned, plus the tuning dial is really tough to operate (sloppy, with backlash) and the band-change switch feels about as sturdy as a kernel of popcorn.

At best, these things are worth your discounted price, and no more. The quality is just so darn poor. It's a shame, really. If they had made them 3 times better, they could have sold 'em for 4 times as much. Good luck in selling your remainders, but I, for one, would be happier if you told it like it is, and simply offered them as eye candy for the garage shelf.

[/quote]

Sam Roberts

Comment

The problem is that the unit you have is not the same one I have! How do I know that? Mine has a turntable as stated in the original post.
                          I don't know what one would expect for the price? It's just as much as
                          conversation piece as it is a radio. No problem though, I am just about sold out anyway! For $32, how much could one expect?

Regards,

Ken

quote:Originally posted by gordr

Quote:
                          "FYI:
                          Regards,
                          Ken"

Comment

Ken,

I don't want to pick a fight with you. I know that you are selling the phonograph-radio combination, and the unit I have is the radio-CD combo. But they have the same brand, and presumably came out of the same factory. I looked at the phonos when I bought mine at the the big Target store in Bellingham, Washington, but decided that the CD unit was more appropriate to my needs. And I knew what to expect, too, quality-wise. These items had already been talked up extensively in the Studebaker newsgroup. I bought it knowing full well that it would be basically a shelf ornament.

And I can tell you, that had I missed out getting one from Target, and was still looking, I wouldn't have a problem buying one from you. You do have a good price. What kind of stuck in my craw was your use of the term "first quality" to describe these items, and then when you went on to say, "price reduced to blow them out, when they are gone, there won't be any more" (inexact quote). Kind of put me in mind of those annoying TV ads where they use the high-pressure sales pitch, don't you know?

We Studebaker fans tend to remember J.M. Studebaker's motto: "Always deliver more than you promise."

All the best to you,

Gord

Comment

that is a very cool unit, good luck with the sales !!

Comment

Working...
                              X