This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it running! 1948 Champion

I have a 1948 Champion that has given me some issue with wanting to keep running[u]Any clues or better yet a recommendation for a local (Kansas City) repair shop!</u>
    OR - It can all be yours for less than $7,000.(US$)

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT YOUR DISTRIBUTOR? SOMETIMES THE ADVANCE MECHANISMS STICK FOR LACK OF LUBE, AND DO WEIRD THINGS. THIS IS CHECKED BY USING A TIMING LIGHT, THEN ACCELERATING/LETTING OFF THE THROTTLE. JUST A THOUGHT, IF YOU'VE ELIMINATED ANY CARB PROBLEMS;IE STICKING FLOAT ETC.

Comment

I think if it idles fine and it accelerates good, then there's something in a carb circuit. If you're capable of doing any work yourself, the carb is a pretty simple one to take apart and reassemble. I'd take it apart, use compressed air to blow through all the passages in the body of the carb - blowing back and forth through them several times and then reassemble it per instructions in the shop manual or a carb kit. Remount it and see what it runs like. Frankly, most shops anymore are not smart enough to work on these simple machines. I know that sounds like reverse logic but that's the truth of it. Most the so-called "technicians" can't fix anything that doesn't involve getting a computer readout from the car!

Miscreant at large.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X