This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck frrames

Hey, my 53 doesn't have a bed on it yet, and it's on an oldsmobile frame. So, I need to know what to make the wheelbase for a shortbed when I cut the frame off for a nine and a fourlink. Also, how wide is the frame under the bed, and how high is it with relationship to the cab? thanks for the numbers guys.

The wheelbase of the shortbeds was 112" The long beds were 122" I don't know what the frame width is but I could measure the one I have out back. I don't understand your question about height relationship to the cab tho.[?]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Studebaker truck frame is flat except for a slight bump up over the rear axle. Unlike Brand X truck or car frames.

Comment

The rear section of the frame (where the bed sits and up under the rear section of the cab) is approx. 41" wide. I measured the frame I have sitting out back today.[^]

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X