of a C/K kind of guy. One of the pictures is of the window sign that
has all the contact info. Looked like a pretty nice car. -Will

wcarroll@outrageous.net
01-19-2005, 11:35 PM
I managed to get the pictures posted on the Stude.com site:

http://www.stude.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1074

am not r2
01-20-2005, 08:42 AM
I am going to york for the first time this year, if that was there, It would be mine. thats real nice, too bad its soooooo far from me. Rich

Roscomacaw
01-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Yup - 56 Commander! Geez, that looks JUST LIKE the one I caravaned with as a bunch of us progressed up Rt99 for the '03 meet. I wonder if it IS the same one. I guess I could get out my taped footage of that drive and compare license plate numbers. If it's the same one, I can tell you that I was drooling as I looked it over at a rest stop. That's MY kind of Stude!:D

Miscreant at large.

wcarroll@outrageous.net
01-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Mr. Biggs-I figured you would like it. I remember you saying you like these models a lot. It's been sitting on the side of the road for a few weeks now so if anyone is interested, I'm sure there is a good chance they might entertain offers. It looked like a real sharp driver-fresh interior, nice paint, good chrome, and nice glass. I bet it runs just as good as it looks!-Will

Roscomacaw
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks Will. T'were only that I could afford another one! [V]

Miscreant at large.

2R5
01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Maybe someone can answer this......looking at this car and at the books I got , it shows all 56 Commanders with stainless trim around the windshield , only Champions with that plain rubber. Also there is no showing of the V8 emblem on the front fender. Does anyone have any comment on this . Maybe this was originally a Champion that someone turned into a Commander??? That certainly wouldn't of been the first time thats been done. I have a friend that is maybe interested in this car but I know he would be very disappointed to find he bought a car thats been switched.

wcarroll@outrageous.net
01-23-2005, 02:29 PM
I remember seeing the V8 emblems on the front fenders and I remember looking closely at the front windshield gasket. The gasket looked fresh and I noticed it had the groove for the trim, so I wonder if the trim was left off for some reason. I am certainly no expert, and know what it is like to get something that was supposed to be something else. I have a few other pics if you want me to email them to your friend.-Will

Roscomacaw
01-23-2005, 02:57 PM
That's a good point, Will. There's alot of confusion about removing and reinstalling that stainless trim. So it's easy to imagine a scenario where a glass shop screwed up that trim beyond reuse.:(
That trim MUST NOT be removed without it coming out, in unison, with the rubber and glass ALL AT THE SAME TIME. If you dig it out of the rubber BEFORE removing the glass, it's gonna be junk thereafter.
Likewise - it MUST go in together WITH the glass and rubber when they're installed or you'll never get the stainless back in. Leastwise, not without bending it beyond reuse at all.:(

OK - I just looked in my parts book for that model. 2R5, your friend can jump on that car if he likes. The parts book shows that the F2 version of Commander would NOT wear the stainless trim around the front and rear windshields. And Studebaker would have used a rubber gasket WITH a groove for the trim even tho said trim wasn't installed.[^]

Miscreant at large.

2R5
01-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the comments.....I will pass it along to my buddy . How do we know this is a F2 though ?

Roscomacaw
01-23-2005, 05:40 PM
To REALLY confirm that, you'd have to get Will to read you the info off the body tag. Said tag is the one near the passenger's side hood hinge. The first line should read: 57B-F2 Just the way that car looks tho - all the other trim, the cheapie steering wheel - gotta be an F2.;)

Miscreant at large.

2R5
02-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Well my Studebaker buddy isn't going after this car. He was so close but it was really the cost of getting it back to the South bend area that stopped him . The best price he could find was $.85 / mile and when your looking at over 2000 miles thats a bit of change. Too bad I sure was looking forward to seeing this car. I hope it ends up with a good home.

2R5
02-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Sorry that was $1.85 / mile