This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look!

Well, we knew better, didn't we[?] But don't look if you just ate or are gonna eat soon. Whew, I don't think I would have done it exactly like that.... []

Sonny

Wow - Another 350! [] I wouldn't have done it like that either, Sonny. But I wish I had the talent to do bodywork like that. I'd love to create a pseudo-English roadster of the 30s with a hot Stude 6 in it!

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It says that he sectioned the frame 77 inches. Someone please explain this to me. The wheelbase looks to be stock. The body may be set down over the chassis by 7.7 inches, but this is neither sectioning nor 77 inches. Sectioning, to me, means removing a horizontal section from the body. This truck may have been sectioned by 7.7 inches, but this is neither the frame nor 77 inches. The description leaves me confused. Maybe they were confused when they wrote it. The front/grille looks unfinished and unplanned compared to the rest of the vehicle.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yeah, that does sound a tad strange, but I've heard the term sectioning used in taking out or putting in Gary. I would have said stretched, or whatever, but I think he had to lengthen the frame. I'm not sure about that one myself, 'cause I couldn't look at it too long. []

Sonny
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Well, the current issue (February) is a definite must read for you Sonny, because it has a neat writeup on the East Coast Gasser association that you took me to.... [u]</u>AND[u]</u>there's a nice pic of Scott Cehowski's '40 Gasser! (There is a pending writeup on Scott's gasser setting at Barlow Soper's for submission in TW)
          (BTW) the article and pic is on page 78)
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Sonny

Well, we knew better, didn't we[?] But don't look if you just ate or are gonna eat soon. Whew, I don't think I would have done it exactly like that.... []

Sonny
          DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
          '61 Hawk
          '37 Coupe Express
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Very cool, and thanks Jeff, I'l definitely have to grab a copy. Yeah, Scott's Stude gasser was one hell of a nice car, and ran damned good too! I appreciate the heads up. Hey, when are you gonna be up this way again, we need some good weather! Oh, and then you can tell me all about what you found behind Sponge Bob's zipper! (Sorry Jeffster, but I HAD to say it! You KNOW better than letting Rick get a camera in his hands! I laughed my ass off! [])

Sonny
            Sonny

Comment

Why is it that a 71 chevy 350 with 74 350 heads just not impress me(and i mean compared to other 350s...)??? It should because we all know the best performing heads came out of the early emmissions era with those tiny valves that have magic spells cast on them by elves... If you are gonna spend that kinda cash on a custom car and you aren't creative enough to not use a 350 it says something about you... I'd think even a die hard chevy guy would shake his head at this.

-Doug

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Psomion

Why is it that a 71 chevy 350 with 74 350 heads just not impress me(and i mean compared to other 350s...)??? It should because we all know the best performing heads came out of the early emmissions era with those tiny valves that have magic spells cast on them by elves... If you are gonna spend that kinda cash on a custom car and you aren't creative enough to not use a 350 it says something about you... I'd think even a die hard chevy guy would shake his head at this.

-Doug
                Doug, I think this guy thinks a lot like my brother. My brother couldn't care less about what's under the hood. If he could use a squirrel on a treadmill who would run when you snap him in the azz with a rubberband through a hole in the dash, he would. [)] THAT I don't understand, except that he's a bodyman, period. He wouldn't open the hood if somebody paid him, although he knows a lot about the mechanical stuff, (which is why all his cars always run like crap.....).

Sonny
                Sonny

Comment

Working...
                X