This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool addition to my engine!!

well I just picked this little guy up. dont know what its from just know its offenhauser. thought it would look cool in my lark.

Wow, that's, uhm, "specialized" lookin' Gasser. What the heck is it? Is it part of a set? It looks like it definitely would be something that would require the engine to be at high rpm to work properly. I'm VERY interested in how it performs. Please keep us updated on you find with it, will ya? Thanks

Sonny
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Not sure,,,but it looks like an airbox intake for a Turbocharger.
      Either that or an offset carb intake.

" I shoved my foot down on the gas pedal, and there i was *Gone*"

Comment

That's an Offy 'Cross Ram' adapter.
        They used to sell those for the dual quad guys that wanted a 'cross ram' effect for their drag cars.
        There are a couple up on Ebay regularly and I think Vintage Speed parts still has some NOS one's for sale, as well as the linkage kit that goes with it.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by gasser

well I just picked this little guy up. dont know what its from just know its offenhauser. thought it would look cool in my lark.

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
        '61 Hawk
        '37 Coupe Express
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

My question is, does he need two of them and where, what realm of engine operation, does something like that improve performance? It HAS to be in the highest rpm realm. I can't see it making any low end torque.

Sonny
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

He will need two of them if he has a dual 4-bbl intake.

I think the 'cool' factor would be much more than the performance increase!<G> These cross ram pieces would fit in good with a late '50s/early '60s retro rod.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark
              I think the 'cool' factor would be much more than the performance increase!<G> These cross ram pieces would fit in good with a late '50s/early '60s retro rod.
              yeah, that was my thinking. Im building my car for street but Im building it to look like it came off the drag strip in the sixties. even have it numbered and badged as a d/g(d-gas sedan) car.

Comment

Working...
              X